Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Stinky people buying scent killers!! >

Stinky people buying scent killers!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Stinky people buying scent killers!!

Old 09-27-2009, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

Default Stinky people buying scent killers!!

Was in Cabela's yesterday....

Place was packed with people. I noticed several with B.O. and dental/oral issues (decay & periodontal issues) that I could smell on them just by being near them!!!! Imagine how strong this would be to a deer!!

Funny thing: They were purchasing scent control items!! People need to start with the foundation of good personal hygiene 1st!!! Granted I am a dentist and notice these things more, but come on!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 05:19 PM
Fork Horn

wow glad your not my dentist. so you just posted this to make fun of people who have hygiene issue's. hell of a nice guy you are bet your **** don't stink either does it
Old 09-27-2009, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've read some stupid threads but this ranks right up there with the worst of them. What a waiste of cyber space.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bowhunter1984
wow glad your not my dentist. so you just posted this to make fun of people who have hygiene issue's. hell of a nice guy you are bet your **** don't stink either does it

Truth is the Truth though. Just because someone else points out people have bad hygiene doesn't mean they think their **** doesn't stink. I'm not a dentist or anything like that, but people with bad hygiene still grosses me out. Its not that hard to take a shower. It has nothing to do with putting people down. It has everything to do with people having a little bit of self respect.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

yeah i apologize had a bad day and this just hit me funny.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:09 PM
Fork Horn

I don't understand all of the bad responses to this. It doesn't make much sense to me either. Why would you buy scent killer if you don't have the personal hygiene to keep your body clean in general. I don't think sellme69 is puting anyone down, just pointing out something that is funny.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tend to agree with bowhunter1984's first reply, but it's a reality many of us think and don't say much about it. I can't stand someone else's B.O either and often think "What'ya afraid of a little soap and water?" It's ok if I stink, but I'm not tolerating someone elses. LOL!

iSnipe
Old 09-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Olfactory fatigue. It's where your nose senses can not smell certain smells any longer because due to being within it for so long. Ever been in someone's house and it stinks? To them it may not because they are so use to it. I've been in people's house where their cat stinks the place up, but they can hardly smell it at all. That's a shame. It's like making popcorn. The whole house smells like it, but after a while you don't smell it that much anymore. Then if you go outside for a few minutes and come back in, you smell just as strong again! Some people just don't know they stink!

iSnipe
Old 09-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bowhunter1984
You guys can think what you want but I think bowhunter nailed it.
Old 09-27-2009, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't think scent killers work if you're not clean.Gee I think I've heard that all my life.Think the dentist was right on.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.