Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

doe's???

Old 09-27-2009, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default doe's???

Ok I know what I would do but what would ya'll do...if their is a doe about 15 or so yard's away from ya and you have a bow what do you do kill her or let her go....no doubt in the world I would sling a spider broad head her direction
Old 09-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Back in the days when I started bowhunting, if it was brown, it was down! The first thing up the trail, my broadhead would sail.

Depends on the situation. Lately we've been given opportunities to take extra deer due to their numbers. There were times when only one deer was allowed and it was bucks only. Then there were years when you can have multiple tags, but the first deer you took had to be a doe.(population control) Lately around our area we've been allowed one tag, then we can get extra tags(x2). If I'm big buck hunting, then I'll keep at least one tag for that pursuit. The other 2 tags can be anything and are usually for does or young bucks.

So yeah, would have no problem taking that doe, but then again, we have a long bow season and I often let the early deer pass.(shopping around) LOL!

iSnipe
Old 09-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

doe in the range no buck around shes dinner
Old 09-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

She's going down.
Old 09-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it's early season, you bet! I'm all about managing herd health. Now, if you're talking about the middle of november and I hadn't shot a buck yet, I'd be hard pressed to take the shot. I'd leave her as a decoy to, hopefully, pull in that big buck.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Already have let her go... Just the other night @ exactly 12 yards with a perfect broadside shot and still had an hour left of daylight. You never know what's walking behind if you shot the first deer strolling bye. Also let a 6" spike grow for future seasons to come!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 03:14 PM
Typical Buck

I'd let her walk....into an open shooting lane. That's what I did yesterday morning. You can't eat antlers, no matter how you cook them. SCDNR regulations allow me to take 28 does and unlimited bucks this season. I like to eat, so they're going down if they are within range.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

if it is rut im waitin no doubt, she is yer best chance at seein good buks, if not she is down and ill still continue to hunt while i wait fer dark
Old 09-27-2009, 06:34 PM
Spike

depends on situation and time of year, but that being said it sure is hard to pass up them backstraps
Old 09-27-2009, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Early hunting season,bow season.The arrow will fly.