Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Capped Skull/Antlers STINK....Years later! >

Capped Skull/Antlers STINK....Years later!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Capped Skull/Antlers STINK....Years later!

Old 09-25-2009, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

i got a skull cap with the hair still on it and it doesnt smell bad at all all i did was boil it in borax with the hair and it still looks/smells good 2 yrs later
Old 09-25-2009, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by sauer06
First make sure that all of the tissue is gone and there in nothing but bone. Antlers are made of bone and they grow extremely fast. I put mine skull in a pot and fill it with water so the skull but not the antlers are submerged and bring it to a boil, boil for 5-10 minutes, this works very well for me but the important part is the hair and all other tissue must be romoved.
Best of luck.
This is exactly how I do it and have no odor problems.