Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what do i do now ?

Old 09-18-2009, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default what do i do now ?

i had been getting some great bucks on my trail cam during August and poof !!! they have all disappeared !!! not one of the four big ones have shown up in three weeks.
they were just getting ready to shed too !!!

i had bait out[corn]and i got hundreds of pics during a 4 or 5 week period.this tells me i was careful with my scent,rubber boots,in and out quick,and the flash didn't scare them off.

i know there patterns change as the crops mature but i figured this area was hot so i haven't scouted anywhere else. season starts Oct.1st . it's the perfect place,a narrow strip of woods with lots of acorn trees, beans on one side and corn on the other.a state park borders the north side and a dead end road is on the south. i'm keeping my cam there but can't bait it anymore because i can't hunt over bait. should i stick with this spot and count on something showing up ?
heres some pics.you can see my problem

Old 09-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

Just give them time they will come back dont go in the area you will hunt until Oct 1
Old 09-18-2009, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with Miz54 They will be there... Right now all bucks are laying low and getting fat. (gearing up for rut)
Old 09-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's totally common, bucks over migrate miles from their summer range once they shed velvet. However, they otfen time will venture through these same areas again during the Rut.
Old 09-19-2009, 04:57 AM
Typical Buck

those bucks are on a new food source and are out butting heads to establish there breeding area's. i think you need to tell me where those bucks are,i'll come and find them for you.

you already know where they are,leave them alone til time to hunt them.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:58 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by srwshooter
those bucks are on a new food source and are out butting heads to establish there breeding area's. i think you need to tell me where those bucks are,i'll come and find them for you.

you already know where they are,leave them alone til time to hunt them.
Find the acorns thats where the does are heading and these bucks are sensing the rut around the corner!
Old 09-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

I'm sure they will be around again... but damn those are nice bucks right there!
Old 09-19-2009, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

dude they are huge!!!
Old 09-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Omg, I would be in HEAVEN to have two bucks that size on the SAME property!!!

Yes, I agree with everyone else. The bucks will be back
Old 09-20-2009, 02:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Back in '07 I had a picture of a buck on one of my trailcams that was a pig. Got his picture three times I believe from about June 28th thru July 3rd. I had a trailcam in the same spot until the season started and never got his picture again. I kinda forgot about him as the summer went on. I placed a stand in the same tree where I had had the camera, not because I got his picture there but because I had gotten a lot of deer pics there. I never saw that deer again until about Oct. 29th, and then I didn't know it was him. On Nov. 2nd he met my arrow up close and personal. Moral of the story, he'll be back.

Before

After

Still later

And yes, I am bragging just a little bit with the pics.

Blessings.....Pastorjim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.