HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   what do i do now ? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/304154-what-do-i-do-now.html)

dog killer 09-18-2009 06:30 PM

what do i do now ?

i had been getting some great bucks on my trail cam during August and poof !!! they have all disappeared !!! not one of the four big ones have shown up in three weeks.:cry::sad0064:
they were just getting ready to shed too !!!

i had bait out[corn]and i got hundreds of pics during a 4 or 5 week period.this tells me i was careful with my scent,rubber boots,in and out quick,and the flash didn't scare them off.

i know there patterns change as the crops mature but i figured this area was hot so i haven't scouted anywhere else. season starts Oct.1st . it's the perfect place,a narrow strip of woods with lots of acorn trees, beans on one side and corn on the other.a state park borders the north side and a dead end road is on the south. i'm keeping my cam there but can't bait it anymore because i can't hunt over bait. should i stick with this spot and count on something showing up ?
heres some pics.you can see my problem :deer:

TheMiz54 09-18-2009 07:16 PM

Just give them time they will come back dont go in the area you will hunt until Oct 1

PABUCKTRACKER 09-18-2009 07:41 PM

I agree with Miz54 They will be there... Right now all bucks are laying low and getting fat. (gearing up for rut)

IL-Cornfed 09-18-2009 09:25 PM

It's totally common, bucks over migrate miles from their summer range once they shed velvet. However, they otfen time will venture through these same areas again during the Rut.

srwshooter 09-19-2009 04:57 AM

those bucks are on a new food source and are out butting heads to establish there breeding area's. i think you need to tell me where those bucks are,i'll come and find them for you.

you already know where they are,leave them alone til time to hunt them.

lone cedar farm 09-19-2009 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by srwshooter (Post 3446322)
those bucks are on a new food source and are out butting heads to establish there breeding area's. i think you need to tell me where those bucks are,i'll come and find them for you.

you already know where they are,leave them alone til time to hunt them.

Find the acorns thats where the does are heading and these bucks are sensing the rut around the corner!

scarp262 09-19-2009 08:31 AM

I'm sure they will be around again... but damn those are nice bucks right there!

allmightyhunter13 09-19-2009 07:43 PM

dude they are huge!!!

1shotkill1993 09-19-2009 07:48 PM

Omg, I would be in HEAVEN to have two bucks that size on the SAME property!!!

Yes, I agree with everyone else. The bucks will be back

PastorJim08 09-20-2009 02:13 AM

Back in '07 I had a picture of a buck on one of my trailcams that was a pig. Got his picture three times I believe from about June 28th thru July 3rd. I had a trailcam in the same spot until the season started and never got his picture again. I kinda forgot about him as the summer went on. I placed a stand in the same tree where I had had the camera, not because I got his picture there but because I had gotten a lot of deer pics there. I never saw that deer again until about Oct. 29th, and then I didn't know it was him. On Nov. 2nd he met my arrow up close and personal. Moral of the story, he'll be back.

Before

After

Still later

And yes, I am bragging just a little bit with the pics.

Blessings.....Pastorjim