Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch >

Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch

Old 09-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Typical Buck

I heard the deer there are genetically engineered hybrids of prehistoric megaloceras made using dna extracted from mosquitos trapped in tree sap.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default morris

the guy seems like a "I'm Great" type.

first..........the reason they need no fence is they have the only water and food source for miles and miles.

and yes they put corn and sweet feed in the sendaro's.

those deer aren't sticking to those roads for dead grass.

my problem is you know the guy isn't killing one or two deer a year.

he shoots whatever tops the last one.

i think he is a stain personally.

but could be because he has it, and i don't.

got my 11 acre plot upstate NY.

cuts down on the walking ! lol
Old 09-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't care for the show, but there are very few hunting shows I can stand to watch very long. To each his own.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:47 PM
Spike

sharing a very successful. Thanks to everyone
Old 04-03-2013, 12:53 PM
Spike

I just ran into this amusing thread and read through it over a couple of days, dang it's long!

An update to stir the pot for those who had deeply held beliefs regarding El Cazodor, pro and con. As someone alluded to, it was sold nearly two years back.

For those of you that think Mr. Morris has money, the new owner is wealthy. This gentleman also purchased the Tecomate and the large ranch between them. When finally re-combined from an old King Ranch holding it's total is nearly 8,000 acres again.

He immediatly high-fenced the entire property and took it to the next level of management. Where David was looking for a 6.5-7.5 age structure the new owner is going for an astonishing 8.5 year old age class on bucks! Personally, I wouldn't even know how to age something like that on the hoof.

For what it's worth, this man is perhaps the most decent, kind person I've had the pleasure to meet. And since he's not on TV it's a bit harder (hopefully) to shoot poison arrows at him personally.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I never liked that show. Seemed way to set up and man was Jeff Foxworthy a horrible shot! He shot the antlers off of two different bucks on the show.

Good to hear a good guy bought it, I always like to see nice people succeed. It was probably his dream to buy a ranch like that and he was able to. I still wouldn't hunt it but to each his own.

Personally, I love Midwest hunting. Nothing like being in a tree on a crisp, cold day in November. I'll take Oak trees over Cactus anytime.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

8000 acres down in Texas is not really that big of a ranch---just sayin! The 2000 acre one I use to hunt on bordered one that was 30,000 and that was just a part of what was left after they had sold many thousands of acres over the years.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

topgun, did you even think about what you wrote and why? 8,000 acres is a TON of land to grow big bucks, especially fenced in! Your from Michigan, 8,000 acres is probably the size of your county..
Old 04-04-2013, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Apples and Oranges

"The more and more I watch these shows the more angry I get"

I got old by not wasting time with things I'd never see for myself.
Avoided watching cable tv and the great stories of the great bucks.

Of course, I've never tied that much money into hunting, as some have. Been to the Adirondack Mountains in New York and the King Ranch is south Texas. Places are different and no square mile is the same. Never compared them when hunting.
I never got overly excited about the biggest and the greatest antlered buck. Remember seeing Santa Gertrudis cattle in Texas for the first time. Amazed, but knew I'd never own one. Glad I saw Santa Gertrudis cattle decades ago. Prepared me well for years of deer hunting.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:58 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
8000 acres down in Texas is not really that big of a ranch---just sayin! The 2000 acre one I use to hunt on bordered one that was 30,000 and that was just a part of what was left after they had sold many thousands of acres over the years.
I'm with ya Topgun, in the bigger Texas picture this may not be considered overly large. On the other hand, there was a lot of talk that at 3,000 acres Cazador was huge and easily managed for large bucks. Now it's more than doubled in size and he was darn proud to have re-connected some old historic ranches back into one unit.

Wis, here in southern MI the land has been broken up so much that thousands of contiguous acres are pretty hard to come by, no doubt. Up north, in the less populated areas, a different story. But then again, all the ag ground is down south (bigger and more deer) so there is a tradeoff. I talk with and see customers properties down south that are counted in thousands of acres and it simply boggles my little brain! It's so much different where I live. Little woodlots surrounded by acres of corn/beans.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.