Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch >

Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch

Old 12-27-2010, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I want to see a show where they go out and track down a big swamp donkey in the big woods. They don't need to field judge or age the buck. They just need to find one and get a shot.
Old 12-27-2010, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Unfortunately, . . .

some folks just force themselves to watch hunts on TV shows, they'll never see in person, for their entire career.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:02 AM
Spike

Thats why a would NEVER PAY $5,000-$10,000 to shoot a deer.Is that what hunting the great REPUBLIC of TEXAS is all about?
Old 12-27-2010, 06:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by browningbolt
Thats why a would NEVER PAY $5,000-$10,000 to shoot a deer.Is that what hunting the great REPUBLIC of TEXAS is all about?

Plenty of places in Texas where you don't have to pay that much to shoot a deer. The 1800 acre ranch I hunt has an annual per gun lease of about $2250 for 3 bucks, 4 does, and all the pigs you can shoot. There's even a lot of public land where you can hunt for free. But, to get on a big tract of well-managed ranch land, with known production of trophy-class bucks, and with restricted hunting pressure, it's capitalism, folks. Supply and Demand. Sellers have opportunities for sale. Buyers have money to spend. And, they reach an agreement on price.

Funny how hunters tend to be conservatives on most issues. Then, when a free-market business transaction takes place, they turn into a bunch of lousy stinking communists...
Old 12-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

If they enjoy it I guess it's okay, but I definately wouln't feel satisfied killing a buck I didn't have to work for.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:45 AM
Spike

the bucks of tecomate is a tv show i like the most....
Old 09-29-2011, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

What really puzzles me is that they can walk up to trophy bucks and talk to each other for 5-10 minutes about which one is mature, etc...without the deer spooking. And they have a camera man and they're all wearing jeans and flannel shirts.

Where I hunt, you could be in full camo, 25 feet up in a tree and get busted if you rubbed your nose. You can't blink, you can't clear your throat. If there is a deer within 100 yards of you, you better be still is a statue and quiet or you're getting picked off.
Old 09-29-2011, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
What really puzzles me is that they can walk up to trophy bucks and talk to each other for 5-10 minutes about which one is mature, etc...without the deer spooking. And they have a camera man and they're all wearing jeans and flannel shirts.

Where I hunt, you could be in full camo, 25 feet up in a tree and get busted if you rubbed your nose. You can't blink, you can't clear your throat. If there is a deer within 100 yards of you, you better be still is a statue and quiet or you're getting picked off.
I have watched the show once (and never again), and that was the first thing I noticed. They took no precautions to be quiet, be still, etc (all the things hunters are PAINSTAKINGLY cautious with) ..and these deer are 100 yards away or less and pay the people no mind. I have no problem with people growing big bucks or whatever, if that's their thing, but it is OBVIOUS that these deer are used to close human contact. I don't care how you try to spin it, that is NOT hunting. The farming and management practices are to be admired for sure, but to call it hunting is to delude oneself.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default deer

I wish I had 10,000 to spend on a texas Hunt. The only way it could get any better for me is if they would tie it to a tree for me.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

Holy dead thread revived...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.