Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch >

Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch

Old 12-23-2010, 06:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by warbirdlover

And it IS "shooting". It's wide open down there. I would not like that type of hunting but I won't criticize it since that's the way the terrain down there is.
It's actually a lot less "wide open" in the brush country of South Texas, where Morris's ranch is, or the Hill Country of Central Texas, where I hunt, than the terrain behind you in your photo...

The buck in this photo never stepped out into the sendero. Saw him just long enough to bring the camera up and snap a photo of his tail. The only "shooter" aged buck I saw that day. But, you can see how thick the vegetation is, even in the Texas desert... Persimmon, mesquite, cedar, oaks and cactus...
Attached Thumbnails Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch-1239bd-1-2.jpg  
Old 12-23-2010, 01:42 PM
Spike

Where I hunt a fence is usually three to four rows of barbwire.What the heck are you trying to keep in with a fence like that?
Old 12-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by browningbolt
Where I hunt a fence is usually three to four rows of barbwire.What the heck are you trying to keep in with a fence like that?

Is that question about the fence in my pic? I don't know. The guy runs cattle on the ranch. The pastures are 500, 500, and 800 acres, and are cross fenced. The fences are generally about 3-4 feet high, and the deer have no problem jumping over them. I've never seen a cow jump one though...

Just thought of another reason for that fence. It borders a sendero with an electric line right of way. Maybe they wanted to make absolutely certain that the cattle don't get onto that particular tract...
Old 12-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Spike

Default Paying for deer not recovered

Just got done watching tecomate. Foxorthy stated that any one should pay for a deer that blood is drawn on. If if make a perfect shot on a deer, and video shows it, and i don't recover it, I guarantee I am not paying 5 - 10k
Old 12-24-2010, 05:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by 4BCTIME
Just got done watching tecomate. Foxorthy stated that any one should pay for a deer that blood is drawn on. If if make a perfect shot on a deer, and video shows it, and i don't recover it, I guarantee I am not paying 5 - 10k
Folks that hunt those types of places know the rules in advance... They agree to those terms or they don't hunt. Are you saying that you advocate breaching a contract? Are you advocating being dishonorable and suggesting that a hunter should not fulfill a promise to the landowner?
Old 12-25-2010, 09:03 PM
Spike

Why not it happens every day in the real world of hunting that most of us know.Dont believe if you wound a deer and dont recover im pretty sure your not done hunting.OH thats right this ranch isnt real hunting both in rules and hunting style.This only proves that its all about the money on this show.Watched a show where a guest wounded a big buck and dogs were brought in to track it.They found the deer next day I wonder if that cost is passed on to the guest to.They also said that a deer of that quality needed to be found which no one can disagree with.But if it was a cull buck or a doe I bet that it would have been left for dead.
Old 12-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Why not it happens every day in the real world of hunting that most of us know.Dont believe if you wound a deer and dont recover im pretty sure your not done hunting.
So, you're one who advocates making an agreement and then breaking it... Where I come from, a man's word is his bond.
Someone who doesn't keep his word is not a man.

[quote]OH thats right this ranch isnt real hunting both in rules and hunting style.[quote]

Yeah, I'm sure you've been there many times so that you have a valid basis for your opinion. Frankly, if you haven't hunted there, your opinion isn't worth squat... What hunting style do they use that isn't "real hunting"? It's not real to you because they pass up young bucks? Because they don't manage by an "if it's brown, it's down" philosophy? Please explain what they are doing wrong... other than not giving away free hunts to you...

This only proves that its all about the money on this show.
It doesn't prove any such thing.

Watched a show where a guest wounded a big buck and dogs were brought in to track it.They found the deer next day I wonder if that cost is passed on to the guest to.They also said that a deer of that quality needed to be found which no one can disagree with.
That was a hunt involving David Morris' son in law.

But if it was a cull buck or a doe I bet that it would have been left for dead.
Well, that's just an assumption. You have no basis for making a statement like that, other than to slur the man...

Just curious... Is English your second language?
Old 12-26-2010, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Personally I would not want to have anything to do with El Cazador Ranch. They shoot huge free range deer, they manage their land and the deer herd on it, they live in a state that works closely with their land owners and allow them to have a say in what happens on their land. They get to live deer hunting everyday of the year. I mean really, who would want to be a part of that?
Old 12-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Spike

No my agreement is when I BUY A LICENSE im allowed to harvest a doe and a buck.Not if I HIT A DOE OR BUCK and dont find it I HAVE TO buy another tag .Im keeping my agreement with the DNR who I bought my license from.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

No my agreement is when I BUY A LICENSE im allowed to harvest a doe and a buck.Not if I HIT A DOE OR BUCK and dont find it I HAVE TO buy another tag .Im keeping my agreement with the DNR who I bought my license from.
And, what of the landowner? Do you simply ignore your agreement with him? Buying a license is fine and dandy, but, you've got to have a place to hunt. If the landowner says you can hunt my land, but, if you draw blood, that's your animal, and you agree to those terms in order to obtain permission to hunt, do you simply say F U... I didn't recover the animal therefore I won't pay? If you do that, then, at best that's a breach of contract. At worst, you're a thief.

Last edited by ipscshooter; 12-27-2010 at 06:10 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.