Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch >

Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch

Old 12-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Spike

This is kind of funny actually. I was just thinking about this show a couple weeks ago. As much as this show makes me cringe, I had to come to the realization that if had access to that much land and had the funds that the owner of the Tecomate ranch has.....I would do the same thing. I feel he is managing a herd of deer and doing it quite well. What has to also be realized is that he is running a business. And with the prices that he is charging, his hunts better have a pretty good success rate. And judging by the amount of deer I see on the show at any 1 given time, I say he is making that happen. There are times on that show where I see 20 or more deer in one area, and then they wait a little longer and another 8 to 10 more pop out. It does seem crazy at times looking at it through the eyes of a plain old hunter like myself. And as much as I would love to have access to that much land and the funds to manage a herd like that, I am kind of glad that I have not won the lottery and was able to get the chance to do it. With all that being said, YES, the bucks of Tecomate have been managed well, YES, the owner has alot of money and resources to do as he pleases. Yes, all hunts on the ranch are ethical. BUT I would feel much more proud of a trophy mount hanging in my livingroom being from a buck that I had to actually " hunt, stalk, study, track, pattern ( for YEARS if neccesary) ( with limited to no funds at all) Than to be surrounded by 30 or 40 deer at a food plot or feeder and my biggest problem is finding which of the 12 bucks in front of me has the largest rack. With that being said, I would like to see " these professional" hunters come and pull deer out on some of the land where I hunt, where sometimes a single deer isn't seen for 16 days, let alone 30 - 40 deer at one time. Then we will put their hunting skills to the test. "If you want to go for a ride sonny, hop on the tracks of an old mature buck, and when he knows you are on his trail, hold on and buckle up because you are in for a ride. And if you are smart enough you better take note of EVERYTHING you see along the way, because that buck will teach you more in 1 day by following his tracks and stalking him than you will learn by sitting 20 years in a tree stand and hoping one comes by.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Spike

In response to all of the above, I could care less about the show. Therefore I dont watch it, or buy anything that says tecomate on it.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

Jealous?

It's not a high-fenced ranch. He doesn't "stock" the place with farm raised breeder-bucks. He manages with food plots and lets the deer grow to their potential.

ipscshooter
Exactly. No fences, it's fair chase but it's "Texas" ranch hunting which is a totally different ball game then hunting the north woods.

And it IS "shooting". It's wide open down there. I would not like that type of hunting but I won't criticize it since that's the way the terrain down there is. They would not have all that time to decide, dink around, fiddle around getting the safety off, and finally shooting it here in Wisconsin. You get your opportunity you take it or forget it. The chance passes quickly.

And well said OldBuckstalker1187

Last edited by warbirdlover; 12-22-2010 at 04:18 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:38 AM
Spike

Default Jealousy is ugly

I am an avid hunter and fisherman as I'm sure many of you are. when you lay down at night and dreams of your hunt the next day do you see an empty food plot or a never travelled deer trail. When you think of a hunt that you would love to go on one day do you think about travelling to a place and never seeing the animal you are after. I doubt it.

The fact of the matter is that first Tecomate is a brand, same as any commercial product. The purpose of the show is to promote the seed company and draw interest to the ranch to sell hunts. In addition to this the producers do add in some hunting tips and humor for those of you that don't like the shooting portion.

Why aren't you bad mouthing Chevy or Ford for not haveing broken down vehicles on their commercials? Why not bash bud light for not having average guys picking up less than average girls in a bar on their commercials?

If you want science you need to spend your time reading text books.

TV is all a big commercial. That's what it's about and you are kidding yourself to think any different or that it will change.

I would venture to guess that Mr. Morris at some point would rather to just be able to go out in his stand with his wife or daughters and not have to put on the show, but the show and the product pay the bills for him to enjoy his passion of hunting.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

Last time I checked this was America.We all have the freedom to hunt however we choose.I dont agree with the way they hunt but I'm not going to down him for doing it.Someone said we, that dont like the way they hunt are jealous.That makes no since, why would I be jealous of a style of hunting I dont agree with.To me these ranchs are just a sign of bad things to come by that I mean hunting big bucks will become something only wealthy people will be able to do.People like Jeff Foxworthy and his buddys.....Enough said
Old 12-22-2010, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

Two words...... BUCK MCNEELY Nuff said
Old 12-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by oldshedhunter35
I dont agree with the way they hunt but I'm not going to down him for doing it.

What is it you don't agree with? Letting the deer reach maturity before shooting them? He's got thousands of acres that he knows very well and that, at least according to what he says, is not high fenced.. He spends a ton of time on the property scouting the deer. He keeps the deer on his land by planting food plots, so they don't wander off somewhere else to find a meal. Sometimes he hunts from stands. Sometimes he hunts by "spot and stalk." He often hunts for a particular deer and might pursue one deer for weeks before getting within range for a shot. I really don't see what there is to complain about...
Old 12-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Patriotman
The problem for him is that by that time there will be super bucks all over Texas in High fence ranchess who are on the forfront ofthe last frontier of growing great Bucks. He is letting his ego gets in his way. Good luck growing the worlds largest buck on your ranch.
I prefer the natural grown variety. The "genetically enhanced" super-bucks that I see advertised all the time in Texas Trophy Hunters magazine are usually hideous non-typicals that look nothing like what a whitetail deer is supposed to look like. I'd rather have a 150" typical 8 Point or 170" 10 Point from Morris's ranch on my wall than some 350" freak non-typical that looks like there's some mesquite tree genetics in the bloodline...
Old 12-23-2010, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

Every time I watch the show, which is seldom, I just have to laugh. To me it is 100% not hunting, its easy.. There is no challenge.. Also in no way do you have to be an educated/seasoned hunter to go to this ranch or majority of the places in texas and know anything about hunting.. I love hunting and yes I watch a lot of hunting shows because when I can't get out and hunt I enjoy the excitement of watching some deer getting whacked. However, everytime a show comes on and says "we'll be hunting texas today", i instantly turn it off and watch something else. To me its all the same--EASY! I recently met a guy from texas that has partnership in leased property of almost 10,000 acreas. He has been part of this for about 8 years now and has shot some gaint bucks-biggest being 192". This guy was cracking me up, he had no clue how to hunt and actually admitted that hunting in texas was a joke compared to where I live. it was funny to hear him say that if he had been hunting the midwest instead of Texas he probably would have never shot any of his trophies. He invited me and my father down for some hunting dec/jan. on his ranch, I honestly looked at him and said NO THANKS..
Old 12-23-2010, 06:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep.... Sitting in a blind on the edge of a 100 acre cut corn field in Iowa is SOOOO much more difficult than sitting in a blind on the edge of a sendero in Texas...

Give him a call and tell him you know someone who would love the free hunt... I've still got a couple of tags left...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.