Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch >

Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bucks of Tecomate El Cazador Ranch

Old 01-07-2010, 10:59 PM
Fork Horn

I cant stand hunting shows anymore. They give new hunters a false sense of reality, and they get deterred when they dont shoot a monster buck on the first day out.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I aint going into some big essay about what he does right or wrong but all I am going to say is...In my Honest Opinion he is hunting fairly and yatta yatta yatta...good hunter blah blah blah...kills big deer yet again in MY Honest Opinion

Last edited by Hunting Kuk; 01-08-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lots of interesting points and discussion here. Me,....I just cannot stand to watch or listen to David Morris. I'd just about watch any other show because I dont like the way he is on camera -

(execpt for that show where the camera zooms in and out all the time - and the hunter shoots everything that moves with a bow - the one I happened to watched - they shot at a rattlesnake and missed a bunch - then propped it up on a stick and finally shot its head off - THAT was a ridulous show - The guy with the wacky eyes and cheesy beard)

(And that show that was on last night RAW & WILD - THAT was a very very awful show!!)

Lots of bad shows out there I guess - WAY to many commercials too.... lots of these shows are just one BIG commercial and you cannot trust or beleive a thing they say - especially when a show is promoting its own seed or hunting operation!!.

FH

Last edited by farm hunter; 01-08-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 10:58 PM
Spike

Default the miz54

Edited by SWThomas... If you can make bigger deer why not?david morris is a very smart man and knows what he is doing! your probaly just some hater!!!!!! The deer are not tame on that ranch there native texas deer!!!all the deer he shoot off there are allowed to into the boone and crocket book. ive hunted the cazador very many times.the cazador is geting bought as we speakk!!!!!!! HHHAAAATTTTEEERRR!!!!!!!!

Last edited by SWThomas; 07-31-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by dodoodod1413
you are stupid.If you can make bigger deer why not?david morris is a very smart man and knows what he is doing! your probaly just some hater!!!!!! The deer are not tame on that ranch there native texas deer!!!all the deer he shoot off there are allowed to into the boone and crocket book. ive hunted the cazador very many times.the cazador is geting bought as we speakk!!!!!!! HHHAAAATTTTEEERRR!!!!!!!!

Well then you must be one of David Morris's lovers.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by dodoodod1413
you are stupid.If you can make bigger deer why not?david morris is a very smart man and knows what he is doing! your probaly just some hater!!!!!! The deer are not tame on that ranch there native texas deer!!!all the deer he shoot off there are allowed to into the boone and crocket book. ive hunted the cazador very many times.the cazador is geting bought as we speakk!!!!!!! HHHAAAATTTTEEERRR!!!!!!!!
Maybe when you grow up, you will realize there are many levels of opinion between "hater" and blatant "azz kisser. Then again, maybe you won't.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

I hope some day to have enough land to do some QDM in my retirement...although in my case it would be more on the order of 100 acres so my ability to QDM would be limited without neighbor help.

I don't really like the idea of an enclosed shooting 'house', as that really would seperate me from the nature I so enjoy when hunting.

If this guy is doing this without high fences and making a buck selling hunts to wealthy clients, more power to him.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Steve863
So what kind of biologist is he? I would assume that he is an expert in cattle since he wants to raise deer in the same way. I've got news for these type of biologists. Deer are WILD animals and in my opinion we should not need high fences, food plots, supplements and such to manage them. The only biological practices he implements are self-serving ones. If he were a true biologist he would have NO use for fences or food plots since the true biologist would want a deer herd to live in a totally natural environment with little if any interference or assistance by man.
If this is your thinking then we should outlaw hunting all together. There is nothing I know of that changes the herd structure more than hunting. Hunting change the age structure dramatically over non hunter populations. If you see management as wrong then you should see hunting as wrong also.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Spike

The guy has spent alot of time,money,dedication,hard work to get the deer he has. I believe the ones talkin bad about David Morris is just haters since you havent killed deer like that. If you could do it you would too. Give the guy a break you get down on him just because he kills big deer. All the power to him. Must be nice what I would give to be able to hunt there once. As long as he gets er done and its legal it shouldnt matter how it does it. If the show is that bad dont watch aint nobody makin you. Personally I like it but there is always gonna be haters out there.
Old 08-22-2010, 01:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I kinda see both sides here.

On the one hand there is certainly nothing ethically, morally or legally wrong with what they do on these big Texas ranches.

But on the other hand when you reach a point where every buck on your place has a name; you have every years shed antlers from them, you have a photo of them at every stage of their developement; you could have killed them a 100 times but are still waiting until the bioengineered feeding program you have them on maximizes their horn size before you "harvest" them at a predetermined age; well at some point in that process you have slipped over the line from hunting deer to farming deer. And again there's nothing wrong with it per se but it's really not a hunting accomplishment to kill one of those deer, anymore than it would be for me to go shoot one of my fathers prize beefmaster bulls. An economic or farming accomplishment? Like in 4H club back in high school? Okay, I'd buy that. But no great feat of hunting skill has been exhibited to kill a deer of that size on such a place. Hell it's not even a quirk of luck. If you can afford it the end result is pretty much assured.

It's kinda like buying a super bowl ring from some ex pro football player. Does wearing that ring mean you were a great football player? Does it mean that you won a super bowl? No, it just means you had the money to buy it.

I don't think too many people would enjoy a show where Bill Gates just sat there and thumbed a roll of 1000 dollar bills and talked excitedly about how much money he had. That's what those Texas ranch ranch shows like Tecomate look like to me, and apparently to some other people too.

Come hunt land where the deer know to run from humans. Come hunt land where deer run away from the sound of a truck instead of towards it because they think it's feeding time. Come hunt land where a 5 year old buck has reached that age because real world conditions have made him smart and elusive as opposed to these 5 year old Tecomate bucks that are still dumb as the average spike because no one in their whole life has been allowed to hunt them yet. Then if you kill a mature buck you can whoop and hollar all you want. Because then you will have actually done something kinda hard and rare.

Back at the Tecomate, all I can do is congratulate you on raising a fine prize cow.

Last edited by Todd1700; 08-22-2010 at 01:14 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.