HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Went Shed Hunting Yesturday (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/303887-went-shed-hunting-yesturday.html)

antlermanec 09-16-2009 12:43 PM

Went Shed Hunting Yesturday

2 Attachment(s)
Went Shed hunting yesturday Crooked Creek Antler Art style. Alot easier when you find them in the back of a pickup. Made a run to St. Louis to meet one of my antler suppliers and 200# plus later had a nice pile. Have more coming from up north this week. Just wanted to also tell you guys to put away the magic marker it is a pain to take off of the burr. I can do it but it is a hassle. You can see some of the marker on some of them. Take some masking tape and put on them and write on that.
Eric

1shotkill1993 09-16-2009 06:33 PM

Well I think the most of us wouldn't have this kind of problem??

fastetti 09-16-2009 08:10 PM

That pickup truck looks like what I get on an hour walk in May!! Ya right!! I agree with 1shotkill on this. Id have to say 99% of us don't get enough antlers to mark. I have about 40 and know by the look where I go them all.

jrfrmn 09-16-2009 08:26 PM

Dear Huntn

Originally Posted by fastetti (Post 3443749)
That pickup truck looks like what I get on an hour walk in May!! Ya right!! I agree with 1shotkill on this. Id have to say 99% of us don't get enough antlers to mark. I have about 40 and know by the look where I go them all.

Huh! Whaz at? I no haww to mak a peg sqeeeeeel>

Hunting Kuk 09-17-2009 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by jrfrmn (Post 3443757)
Huh! Whaz at? I no haww to mak a peg sqeeeeeel>

what????

Hunting Kuk

biggamefish 09-18-2009 06:38 AM

What do you do with all of them??

jochs 09-18-2009 05:46 PM

Using masking tape must be a Jasper County thing. I'm the only one who voted for that so far.

and btw....I know where to find some sheds to add to my collection since I can't seem to find but 3-4 per year.

antlermanec 09-18-2009 05:52 PM

jochs
Good to hear you are doing it the right way. I get in so many that are all marked up the main beam is not so bad but the burr are a pain to try and get the marker off of or hide.
I keep the doors locked and have good security so we will be watching out for you ha ha. I wish I could find more than we do but I do have a pup coming that is trained to strictly find antlers just like a bomb dog or search and rescue is trained. Very excited about the new addition.

antlermanec 09-18-2009 05:54 PM

We make anything and everything from antlers. These are going to mostly be chandeliers and a few lamps. Our lighting is our most popular items that we make however we make over 300 different products. I love making knives and other misc. check out our products at crookedcreekantlerart.com