Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
2009 Rut Survey-Info. & Details >

2009 Rut Survey-Info. & Details

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

2009 Rut Survey-Info. & Details

Old 10-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Typical Buck

Man we are gettin more and more guys contributing-this is awesome!! 7mm- thanks so much for your helpful suggestions. Im sure mirza will get in touch with you when he can to see what you guys can come up with. As far as breaking it down into geographical regions we kinda already did. We are only interested in info from guys in states north of, i believe we said the 37th latitude. I cant remember what we came up with buts its stated sumwhere back in the beginning of this thread. This was the line that ive seen most other surveys of this sort used so we went with it too. We agree info from southern states would mess up the data. Seems the majority of guys right now posting in here are from PA and NY. But there are new guys every day gettin in, which is great.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rh160kid
Man we are gettin more and more guys contributing-this is awesome!! 7mm- thanks so much for your helpful suggestions. Im sure mirza will get in touch with you when he can to see what you guys can come up with. As far as breaking it down into geographical regions we kinda already did. We are only interested in info from guys in states north of, i believe we said the 37th latitude. I cant remember what we came up with buts its stated sumwhere back in the beginning of this thread. This was the line that ive seen most other surveys of this sort used so we went with it too. We agree info from southern states would mess up the data. Seems the majority of guys right now posting in here are from PA and NY. But there are new guys every day gettin in, which is great.
I do recall that being part of the rules to the survey, good that makes it even easier to extrapolate the data. All there needs to be now is one graph which will eliminates any confusion. I will be contributing to the survey after this coming weekend as our muzzle loader season kicks off on Saturday. I have been in the woods bow hunting here and in upstate NY "Adirondack", but can't recall any details that I can offer. But from this point forward you guys can count on my input to help this along.

It will really be cool when we can revert back to this thread next year to see if there are any anomalies or if it is in-line with this year.

Last edited by 7MMXBOLT; 10-27-2009 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:24 PM
Typical Buck

1. 10/27-a.m. hunt
  2. 37dgrs/barom. steady
  3. moon/1st qtr
  4. no rutting activity seen
  5. 3 does/0 bucks seen
Old 10-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

copy that on the posting format.. ill do my best.

if anyone has a good up-to-date internet source to get the baro and the moon phase for my area i would appreciate it!
Old 10-28-2009, 07:51 AM
Spike

Interesting thread! I wouldn't want to be the one to decipher all the data, LOL!

I would contribute but have only been out twice with no deer seen.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

10-26 sw Wis am hunt
Temp 43 Degrees
Wind 0
Barometer steady
Moon 1st quarter
No new rutting activity
no deer

10-26 pm hunt
Wind 0
Temp 52
Barometer stead
Moon 1st quarter
No new rutting activity
Deer-2 does

Oct 27- am hunt
Temp 34
Wind 0
Barometer Rising
Moon 1st quarter
No new rutting activity
Deer- 1 Buck

Oct 27 pm hunt
Temp 53
Wind SE 5
Barometer steady
Moon First Quarter
No new rutting activity
Deer-none
Old 10-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Spike

Welp, I think I got a case of food poisoning, so ive been out of the woods the past two days... SUCKS! Atleast im getting it over with before the rut kicks into high gear!
Old 10-28-2009, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by BigKepSWPA
Welp, I think I got a case of food poisoning, so ive been out of the woods the past two days... SUCKS! Atleast im getting it over with before the rut kicks into high gear!
ok-thanks for sharing that
Old 10-28-2009, 10:44 AM
Typical Buck

LOL well hope you feel better man and make sure you add to our survey when you get a chance to get out
Old 10-28-2009, 01:14 PM
Spike

to late to join? its coming on quick here in wisconsin, little bucks runnin in the middle of the day!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.