Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Shooting Houses?

Old 09-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Spring tom
what did it cost you to build one of those?
Got around $850 in building materials, figure that isn't a bad price for as long as they should last and how welcomed they will be in the sub-zero late season temps of mid Jan!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Buck Hunter 1
But the best thing you can do for your kids imo, tear that thing down and teach them how tohunt in the woods first, let them earn that shanty first.
I agree with ya. With 25+ stands placed on my property already, several of which are 2-man ladder stands with shooting rails and the remaining stands being top quality hang-ons, there are plenty of regular stands to hunt from. I'm extremely proud of the fact that my kids have already accomplished much in the outdoors (probably more than many less fortunate hunters ever will) and to as much of an extenet as children can... they've spent hours in miserable IL weather and scored on several impressive trophy class deer and turkey. As I've said, I agree with you, I can't totally spoil 'em.... but it seems that the deer and turkey sure do! LOL!

My Daughter with her best shotgun buck. Now she's after a 150"+ B&C with her T/C muzzleloader.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:17 AM
Spike

Can you even get cold in them??
Old 09-16-2009, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator

nice buck and nice box stands too. Darken up the inside to break up your shadow. Also, you can never have enough hooks or shelves.
Get the kids out there early and practice shooting from each window, just so no surprise comes up when you have a nice buck in front of you.
-Jake
Old 09-16-2009, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

flat screen and satellite dish
Old 09-16-2009, 08:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

How much did that painted OSB cost? About $70 a sheet. I basically built the EXACT same thing, except mine is on a running-gear, and I used treated plywood, which was cheaper, and will last longer.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Spike

i have two hunting houses they will ruin you so watch out! My only advice is if you use a propane heater make sure its self ventilated, I have the hunting Buddy in mine and it gets plenty warm.

Thats an awesome hunting stand good luck with it.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cornfed, Im trying to send a PM to you but the system wont let me. Ill try it again tmrw sometime.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:57 AM
Fork Horn

it wouldn't let me send a pm either. I just left mesage on your profile.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

SDarcher, I got your PM but nothing from you fastettie. I'll check my PM's allowance but I don't know why it won't let you guys though???

SD, I'll send ya some more pix bud