Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

is he spooked bad?

Old 09-11-2009, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Question is he spooked bad?

I went out to put up my trail camera today I walked within 30 yard's of this pretty nice buck I saw yesterday and he ran off into the woods with his tail up he didnt blow though.....do I still have a chance at seeing him this week on my trail camera?
Old 09-11-2009, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you just walked by and went on your business, you're probably
OK.

Deer will skirt around "potential" danger. They will flee "real" danger.

What I'm saying is, if you followed him and made him keep dodging you, he'd know he was being pursued and do something about it. If he just ran off a little and you just passed by, it would be like any other day for him. They're used to taking precautious measures. Coyote, bear, bobcat, hikers, ATVs, etc... They know when they're being pursued and when you're just passing through.

He's probably seen you check your camera before.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

Next time run after him as fast as you can screaming AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! If you do that, you probably won't seem him again. : ) But what you did today, he'll probably be back. Just figured some goofball stumbled into his home range. : )
Old 09-11-2009, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

He'll be back, but probably at night at first.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't worry about it until you never see him again. It was just natural instinct kicking in when you strolled by. Might take a day or two, but he should still be around...
Old 09-12-2009, 05:34 AM
Fork Horn

Don't sweat it, it all depends on the individual deer. Some deer bump on any noise or intruder, while others will just sit and watch if they feel safe. I walked in into woods one afternoon, fought to get my climber on the tree, climbed the tree and grabbed my rope to pull up my bow. Just then, a buck busted out of a pile of brush less than 20 yards from my tree. He had sat there and watched me for better than 20 minutes. He was still around and used the trails/crossings I was set up on, but I never jumped him out of that brush pile again.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Funny that you ask. I spoke with him this morning and he was still a little upset that you were messing around with things in his room. He said it would have been alright if you had asked permission of him first, but you totally disregarded his privacy. I would say that giving him a week or so to cool down will likely be all that it will take. You know how teenagers can be.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Firehawk7309
Funny that you ask. I spoke with him this morning and he was still a little upset that you were messing around with things in his room. He said it would have been alright if you had asked permission of him first, but you totally disregarded his privacy. I would say that giving him a week or so to cool down will likely be all that it will take. You know how teenagers can be.

LMAO!!!:lol:
thanks guys for all the help
Old 09-13-2009, 02:28 PM
Spike

Chances are if he constantly detects human scent in the area, he'll go nocturnal. He'll still stay in his home range----you just won't ever see him again during daylight hours.
Old 09-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BarnesX.308
If you just walked by and went on your business, you're probably
OK.

Deer will skirt around "potential" danger. They will flee "real" danger.

What I'm saying is, if you followed him and made him keep dodging you, he'd know he was being pursued and do something about it. If he just ran off a little and you just passed by, it would be like any other day for him. They're used to taking precautious measures. Coyote, bear, bobcat, hikers, ATVs, etc... They know when they're being pursued and when you're just passing through.

He's probably seen you check your camera before.
couldnt have said it better

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.