HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Moderator or administrator-Can we do this? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/303368-moderator-administrator-can-we-do.html)

rh160kid 09-11-2009 02:30 PM

Moderator or administrator-Can we do this?

If this has been or is already done on this site forgive me. As an absolute whitetail bowhunting nut i am fascinated by the effects of moon phases and how they affect deer hunting. I thought it would be cool to have a thread somewhere on here once everyones seasons gets rollin(mid oct.) where there could be a poll with various deer activities (rubbing,scraping,chasing,breeding,etc.) along with minor and major degrees of each activity. Each day guys on the site could place a vote in the poll based on there observances that day hunting. maybe we could also have a different pole for different regions of the country. Then after the season or even during guys can see if their observations coincide with other members. I would love to see the data collected and referrance it to the moon phase from that period of time and see what correlation we find. What do you guys think? I hope i explained my idea so its understandable. Maybe if you have an idea to add we could put it all together? Lets get some input on this from guys that are serious hunters that spend alot of days afield. I think it would be really interesting to see observations from different areas and if it coincides with what you are observing!!!!

TheMiz54 09-11-2009 02:42 PM

I like your idea. It would be great if we could set it up in a excel spreadsheet and after the season we could do some correlations and some statistical test and see what coincides with what. I think it would be a good project for us. And we could take data from everyone that want to submit something. But we would need to make like a data sheet that everyone fills out and submits so it stays consistent. I like the idea and would love to jump on it and help you put it together.

HooSIER|Hunter 09-11-2009 03:19 PM

This could work and be fun as well post times moon phases what they're feeding on I like it.. I am game

rh160kid 09-11-2009 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by TheMiz54 (Post 3437861)
I like your idea. It would be great if we could set it up in a excel spreadsheet and after the season we could do some correlations and some statistical test and see what coincides with what. I think it would be a good project for us. And we could take data from everyone that want to submit something. But we would need to make like a data sheet that everyone fills out and submits so it stays consistent. I like the idea and would love to jump on it and help you put it together.

I agree!! thats why i thought if we had a poll where people could just check the survey. if it was categorized like minor/major of each buck activity it would be simple to correlate data at the end. i think it would be awesome to see the results as it goes. You could have the percentages for each activity listed for that day so members know what is happening in other members areas. i like it!!

TheMiz54 09-11-2009 03:44 PM

This is just something I came up with where we can put all the info. We would need to make a sheet that everyone could fill out and submit and if we could do it in a poll style or something simple it would be the best.

If you want me to email you the excel let me know and then you can add whatever you think would work better.

This is a site that everyone can use to see what the moon phase is for the day they are hunting.

Moon Phases
http://www.calculatorcat.com/moon_phases/phasenow.php

There has to be an easy way we can get people to provide data from their hunts. You guys have any ideas??

rh160kid 09-11-2009 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by TheMiz54 (Post 3437861)

I think using the poll/survey system is the way to go. that way data can be put together easily. we could have daily results to let members know whats goin on in other members areas etc. I would love to see a poll if other members are witnessing the same buck behavior i am.

baileym62 09-11-2009 03:49 PM

i hunt every minute i get and have never got into all this but i think it would be very interesting to learn a little and will post any activity that i can always up to learn more about hunting

rh160kid 09-11-2009 03:50 PM

We need to get feedback from the serious hunters on here and see if there is enough interest to make it worthwhile. Maybe a mod could also tell us if this is possible or what they think of the idea!!

TheMiz54 09-11-2009 03:52 PM

Yea a poll system would be best and we could do it daily and then transfer all the data to a spreadsheet each day and do statistics per week and correlate between the moon phases and the activity seen from all the hunters.

livinadream 09-11-2009 04:28 PM

im in, i love the idea i think we should throw weather into the equation also ie. front coming in, front leaving, overcast, raining etc. i think we could all learn and benefit from something like this. i will be of little help putting it together though as i am not computer savvy