Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Why NOT ???

Old 09-09-2009, 03:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default Why NOT ???

I have an idea that I would like for people to tell me WHY it won't work. I hunt in a place that has a corn field between 2 decent sized woods.

I have both a pop-up blind and a homemade wooden 5X5 blind/hut. Why couldn't I simply put one of these up in the corn field as soon as it's picked and leave it there till hunting season starts? Then sneak into this during hunting season? Obviously place in an area where deer are moving through downwind.

With a muzzleloader that will reach out and touch someone at 150 yards, obviously they don't have to get REAL close.

Thoughts?
Old 09-09-2009, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

People do it all the time. A few cornstalks left standing or placed around the blind wouldn't hurt.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:52 AM
Fork Horn

But the question is....

DO THEY DO IT SUCCESSFULLY?
Old 09-09-2009, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like it would work to me...
Old 09-09-2009, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

Sure it works, just pay attention to the wind like always and take some corn stalks and blend it in and you will be seeing deer from your blind setup as long as they are using that field.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

You see people in tower blinds like that all the time. You idea ain't far fetched by any stretch of the imagination.

And I bet with some cornstalks helping to camo it and the deer becoming accustomed to it the use of a decoy of 2 might be a real hot ticket.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

People have taken deer out in the middle of fields while hunting from behind tractors or other machinery left out in the field for more than a few days.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

black pearl