Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What's up with this doe?

Old 09-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Spike

Shoot her and do a biopsy
Old 09-10-2009, 04:56 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by mahoningbuck
I have seen them on deer before. Some times if they get very "watery" they will burst open and let all the fluids out. I have seen some nasty ones and I think a couple on this site. Generally the wound will heal in time but I am not sure if the tumor will grow back. Has anyone else ever heard of what I am talking about? I hope they are the same thing because I dont want to send out bad information.
Yes these are called seroma's.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:14 AM
Fork Horn

Skeeter bite
Old 09-10-2009, 06:46 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by turkish621
Shoot her and do a biopsy
Then I will have burned my one and only tag for naught as I still wouldn't eat the meat (sorry, still wouldn't chance it) and I'm gunning (ha) for my second bow buck this year.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Will just keep an eye on her. Will be interesting to see how she does. She's a tough old woman. I've seen her bully the other does around before in the soybean field and at the mineral site.