Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Michigan hunters. Early rut or, not early rut? >

Michigan hunters. Early rut or, not early rut?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Michigan hunters. Early rut or, not early rut?

Old 09-04-2009, 08:05 AM
Spike

Default Michigan hunters. Early rut or, not early rut?

For all of you that hunt in Michigan. With the weather being as strange and cold so early, do you think this will play a big part in this years rut? I hope it comes a little early, I would love to see the rut start during bow season. But as you all know we will probably be in our tree stands sweating and being eaten alive by mosquitos, again. What is your bet for timing of the rut?
Old 09-04-2009, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

Here in Wi. the big days of the rut are between Nov.7 to the ninth. Every year for the past 56 years I have been hunting.
Other parts might be a little different.
Redclub
Old 09-04-2009, 09:04 AM
Typical Buck

Second wk of nov in hillsdale co
Old 09-04-2009, 09:57 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by PSEposter19
For all of you that hunt in Michigan. With the weather being as strange and cold so early, do you think this will play a big part in this years rut? I hope it comes a little early, I would love to see the rut start during bow season. But as you all know we will probably be in our tree stands sweating and being eaten alive by mosquitos, again. What is your bet for timing of the rut?
Weather does not have anything to do with triggering the start of the rut. The rut is triggered by the 2nd full moon after the autumnal equinox-hence its called the hunters or rutting moon!! This year in the northern latitudes that moon falls on Nov 2 (maybe 3- cant remember off the top of my ahead). Temp. and weather can effect deer movement during the rut but has NOTHING to do with actually triggering the rut. 3-4 days before that full moon and the 8-9 days after are days that you dont want to miss being in the woods-all day if possible.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by rh160kid
Weather does not have anything to do with triggering the start of the rut. The rut is triggered by the 2nd full moon after the autumnal equinox-hence its called the hunters or rutting moon!! This year in the northern latitudes that moon falls on Nov 2 (maybe 3- cant remember off the top of my ahead). Temp. and weather can effect deer movement during the rut but has NOTHING to do with actually triggering the rut. 3-4 days before that full moon and the 8-9 days after are days that you dont want to miss being in the woods-all day if possible.
I'll second that, the man knows what he's talkin bout!
Old 09-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Spike

rh160 what time do you think the rut will hit in south east Alabama?
Old 09-05-2009, 05:31 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by fivepoint87
rh160 what time do you think the rut will hit in south east Alabama?
The rut could possibly be triggered by that same 2nd full moon after the autumnal equinox there but if i was to guess i would say the 3rd full moon after the autumnal equinox will be the one to cue the ladies its go time!! not sure what the date of that 3rd full moon is but you can easily find it out!!
Old 09-05-2009, 05:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

2nd week of Nov is predicted this year.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

I think it will be about the same time as always i think it will warm up again .
Old 09-07-2009, 02:38 AM
Spike

All good info, I think I should start reading up on that and not listen to all of my freinds so much about the rut. Because apparently they think it is due to the weather. I just was not sure if it was the moon phase or the weather. Now I have something to go off of. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.