HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Tree stands stolen off of your private property (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/302564-tree-stands-stolen-off-your-private-property.html)

PSEposter19 09-04-2009 07:52 AM

Tree stands stolen off of your private property

I am not sure but it seems like more, and more these days people have a hard time buying their own tree stands, and pop up ground blinds. I am just getting sick of it! I, for some reason feel like I am the only one this is happening to. How do you feel?

salukipv1 09-04-2009 11:44 AM

perhaps you should put out a "bait stand" and hide a trail cam aimed at the stand

berksbowman 09-04-2009 11:46 AM

Your not the only one! It seems like I loose 2-3 every year.

TheMiz54 09-04-2009 12:03 PM

I would lock up all of your stands and climbing sticks to prevent it from happening again

bugsNbows 09-04-2009 12:09 PM

Pretty much sucks to be sure! :s6:

Down&OutHunting 09-04-2009 12:21 PM

I haven't had any taken but ive gained a few. We always seem to find a couple every year in one of our woods. Had the conservation officer called one year to settle a dispute because two guys from out of state were on our ground and we took there stands and they called the Conservation officer and he laughed and said if he writes anyone a ticket it would be them for trespassing. We were nice enough to give one of three stands back and they learned a lesson.

Southern Buck 09-04-2009 01:27 PM

I had a trail camera stolen about 3 years ago and man was I pissed I know who stole it but cant prove it. plant you some nails in the ground and flatten their tires seems to work pretty good.

lone cedar farm 09-04-2009 04:05 PM

No youre not the only one, theres never a shortage of thieves in my area too! Scary part is these people are walking around in the woods hunting also, and usualy with no orange on because their tresspassing.

sure would like to catch one of these punks in action! :mad1:

falcon 09-04-2009 04:14 PM

We have not had any stands stolen. We did have a tractor disk stolen. One of our places had a bad trespasser problem. All the landowners on that side of the road had problems with trespassers from the deer lease across the road.

That problem went away when some hunters parked their brand new Dodge diesel pickup into a neighbors field. The grass caught on fire and the truck burned up. The truck owner called the sheriff and claimed that the neighbor torched the truck. Deputy chewed out the truck owner for trespassing. No more problems.

appleater25 09-04-2009 07:17 PM

Got one ****d this last year...man that makes me mad...the worst part is that you try to stay out of there to reduce pressure on the deer and these dicks ruin that and take your property. Not much more aggravating than this.