Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This guy makes me sick

Old 09-06-2009, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default "High Fence Hunting"

Sounds like American television. How else are the television crews going to film the show in a half hour.
Why everyone knows a good hunt only lasts a half hour. Why who ever heard of a hunter sitting in a tree stand for five hours, or treking a deer, that seemed like hours. People seem to be expecting some kind of reality.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

i think most all the hunting shows are comical. guys in polo shirts talking aloud in a big box blind while several monster bucks, imo, are feeding and these guys arent shooting cuz they aint big enough. i think they should come to maine and try to make a show for a years worth of hunting. garendamntee they wont have a show.

w/ that said i supose im a bit hypocritical also, i dont like fenced hunting, i think its BS and its not ethical, however i take running shots and head shots at deer about every year and have no problems sleeping at night whiel i know those actions are against other ppl ethics. each to their own, but come give it a try up here and see how real hunting is and should be
Old 09-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Spike

Keith and Allen Warren are brothers from San Antino Tx. I met both about twenty five years ago and they are still ego idoits today as they then. Didn't like them then and still don't today. Will not watch eithers ones' shows.
Old 09-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

amen i cant stand that show either
but one thing he does do is tell it like it is and i do like that. he will tell the animal rights people how it is
Old 09-06-2009, 11:40 AM
Spike

by 4EVRHTN: The difference is the deer which are free ranging have been managed to become the trophies they are, they were born in the wild thus they are wild no matter if they eat from a feeder or not they still live free and can leave the area if they choose due to hunting pressure, the rut, etc. and they still need to be hunted like wild deer. High fenced deer are raised like cattle and then sold, shipped and stocked in an enclosure. These deer have never needed to be fearfull of human scent or the sight of humans, actually just the opposite these deer look to humans as our dogs look to us as the deliverer of food and treats. Killing these high fenced deer is alot different than hunting on a free ranging ranch.
Good point didn't think about it like that. I was just saying that wild or not an whether you have to hunt them or not you still get a lot of help at the ranches, but I guess that is what you pay for.

Also I had no idea Tred Barta was paralyzed. When did that happen and how?
Old 09-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Kid
Typical Buck

I would like to care enough to put some thought into it, but oh well.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Typical Buck

read all of the postings [ all 5 pages] and came to the conclusion that if ur old and weak high fence hunting is ok ..better than sitting in front of a tv and watching somebody shoot a deer or any game ..
Old 09-06-2009, 01:45 PM
tf
Spike

I think the whole hunting "industry" has gotten out of hand! So many hunters(including myself at times) get caught up in the gadgets, and every little thing that can give us an edge on the game we hunt. However, 99% of the stuff we buy to hunt with is needless. The companies, marketers, retailers, and all the fat cats are getting rich off us because we allow it. I'm not against buying products for hunting, but we all go overboard and allow these people to make billions, then we get jealous and think it isn't fair. It applies to "canned" or fenced hunts as well. As long as people pay it, then someone will offer it because unfortuneately, the majority of society worships the "almighty" dollar. Personally, I just enjoy the outdoors, and take pride in knowing I'm truly a hunter, not just a killer of animals.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bone_Collector
Good point didn't think about it like that. I was just saying that wild or not an whether you have to hunt them or not you still get a lot of help at the ranches, but I guess that is what you pay for.

Also I had no idea Tred Barta was paralyzed. When did that happen and how?
I agree with you, the guides at the ranches know where the deer bed, where they eat, etc. and know roughly within an hour of when all that takes place. Definitely alot of homework done for the customer.
As far as Tred... From what I know he suffered some sort of disorder affecting his spine or spinal cord. I don't know all the details, maybe someone else on here could help with that. He was a true sportsman and definitely didn't do things the easy way unlike the majority of today's Pro-motional Hunters.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Typical Buck

I don't have any problem with the killing of deer in these high fence places being legal anymore than I have a problem with a farmer slaughtering one of his domesticated hogs. I just have a problem with it being called "HUNTING". Because it's not.
I think there is a lot more of this on the hunting shows than you might think. Some shows just aren't as blatant as others. Another example is baiting. You think deer just walk up to a tree at random and start eating out of the dry grass? Instead of a feeder, they scatter it in the grass. They think we're stupid.
I am against anything other than fair chase hunting. I wouldn't participate and nobody I know or hunt with would either. This type of activity even where legal isn't in the best interest of true sportsmen.
All good points, and all good takes on the subject. It is what it is. If its legal, it might not be for me, might not be for you, but it works for others. Some of us love the experience from scouting to grinding. That's hunting. Others? Well, although I support their right to do so, getting out of their "life" for a week just to experience the kill is something foreign to me. Still, better than joining PETA. If I won a hunting trip to Africa, I wouldn't be able to say much on my behalf as for as my scouting prowess, but I'm sure I'd have a ball sticking a giraffe!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.