Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This guy makes me sick

Old 09-04-2009, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

Alright...let's make this a little more interesting....

Since so many of us are against this type of high fenced, canned hunting...would you never take part? Obviously no one will say that they would pay to do it, but what if it were free? Still no?-OK...how much would you have to be paid to be on a TV show wth this guy and shoot a monster deer in this high fenced land?? Be honest!
Old 09-04-2009, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DougE
Do you mean Keith Warren?If so,he makes me sick as well.
There are two of them. Keith and Allen are brothers. They both have an outdoor show.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by appleater25
Alright...let's make this a little more interesting....

Since so many of us are against this type of high fenced, canned hunting...would you never take part? Obviously no one will say that they would pay to do it, but what if it were free? Still no?-OK...how much would you have to be paid to be on a TV show wth this guy and shoot a monster deer in this high fenced land?? Be honest!
I don't agree with the style of "pick your own deer" hunting. It's not hunting. On the other hand, to be totally honest, if someone called me and offered me a free hunt in a fenced in area loaded with trophy bucks, I would jump on it in a heartbeat. Most hunters would. This wouldn't make me less of a hunter. It would be just the one time. I'm not talking about a small pen, but several hundred acres or more.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:37 AM
Spike

I have seen this show and I was wondering what he would do in the real deer woods. The guy is a real GOOFBALL!
Old 09-04-2009, 07:45 AM
Spike

I would have to agree. If it was free and could try it once I would. Now the question is would it become addicting?
Old 09-04-2009, 08:31 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by DougE
Do you mean Keith Warren?If so,he makes me sick as well.
There twins and they stand for the same crap . one fishes the other hunts deer ,One of them was here in wis hunting in Bufflo county with no fence . but there both assclowns . It same Ted Nugnet is hunting high fence farm deer now to in Tx .? I can't beleave that the motor city mad man would do that
Old 09-04-2009, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mossberghunter93
I never said I was a Ted Nugent guy he is ok but I dont love him. Also unless there is a side of Jackie Bushman that I dont know about I didnt think he was into canned hunts.
I wasnt referring to anyone in particular, I just find it odd how you always see threads bashing hosts who film hunts in enclosers or highfenced ranches but everyone seems to think ted nugent is some sort of genious
Old 09-04-2009, 08:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bill loves bowhunts
There twins and they stand for the same crap . one fishes the other hunts deer ,One of them was here in wis hunting in Bufflo county with no fence . but there both assclowns . It same Ted Nugnet is hunting high fence farm deer now to in Tx .? I can't beleave that the motor city mad man would do that
Nugent owns a buffalo and hog ranch in michigan, where he films much of the hunts on his awful tacky show. Other hunts he films at the 777 ranch, and another called ranchoencantado in texas, all high fence. He even sells personally guided canned hunts on his website (or at least he use to). Im not saying that makes him the idiot he is (he does that w/ his lies and stupid comments) Im just saying his hunting style is no different than kieth warren or anyone else who hunts high fence.
Old 09-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Spike

Deerandbearhog Thats what I was trying to say, not to good at typing lol . Thanks
Old 09-04-2009, 05:09 PM
Spike

This is a subject of interest to me, because I watch a lot of hunting shows. I hate the warren brothers shows too. They are generally boring and unrealistic. I am against high fenced hunting, but I have heard many TV hunting personalities say that it is OK, because in many instances the ranches that are fenced are not several hundred, but several thousand acres so even if it is fenced it may still be "hard" to locate the game. As far as picking the deer you want to shoot, in my opinion it is no different with or without the fence if you pay to hunt a ranch. Even without the fence the hunting outfitters know what deer are there and where they are. All you do is go to a stand that they placed and watch a procession of deer walk by until you see the one you are looking for and shoot it.

As for whether I would do it if it was offered for free, I believe I would. Everyone wants to shoot a big buck and if they were afforded the opportunity I think most would. As for the notion that it would only be a one time thing, that would depend on whether I could afford it like these people can or if it was offered for free again.

The fact that these TV host hunt these hunts in most cases does not discredit them, because they do have years of experience. The simple fact is people want to watch big bucks get shot on TV and DVD and you are most likely not going to have a shot at a big buck or elk on public land too often. If you absolutely cannot stand "canned" hunting or hunting at outfitters try to find a show called the best and worst of Tred Barta. The guy is a radical primitive hunter and often fails on his shows. He may use outfitters in Alaska, but I think non residents must hunt with a guide in that state and he uses primitive archery equipment, sometime with stone arrow heads.

Last edited by Bone_Collector; 09-04-2009 at 05:17 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.