Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
2009-2010 deer hunting braggin' board >

2009-2010 deer hunting braggin' board

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

2009-2010 deer hunting braggin' board

Old 11-24-2009, 06:28 PM
Spike

My opening day WV buck

This was taken right before archery season ten yards from my stand, I didn't see him again till yesterday morning.

Old 11-25-2009, 04:59 PM
Spike

6:27am opening morning...nice 8 pointer...not the hugest rack but symmetrical and clean...Jackson County Illinois...
Old 11-27-2009, 04:39 PM
Spike

Default Shot my first deer today!

Well I went deer hunting the first time in my life today at the good ole age of 38. I live in the country and have deer all around my house. Last year I planned on taking up deer hunting but just never did follow through with it other than buying me a Remington 700 7mm mag. Well, this year I decided to go and did so this morning. My neighbor allowed me to use his deer stand which boarders my 11 acres but overlooks his 30 acres. I got in the stand about 5 a.m. and started waiting. I was really expecting my shot to be made on my property due to all the markings in one particular area and the obvious crossing that I was mostly thinking about as the sun slowly came up. I caught myself staring at that one area for probably for what seemed like 10 minutes. I decided to take a slow look back to my left over my neighbors land and saw four deer between 150 and 200 yards away. I slowly turned and lifted my gun to check them out. As I looked at one particular deer I discovered that I was a 4 point buck. He stopped and I put my cross on his upper shoulder. I quickly decided to wait to check the other deer before taking the first thing I saw. Well, the other three went behind a marshy area and the four point was quick to follow. I knew that had to come out the other side since the marsh was only about 15 yards wide, which would also put them right down the fence line which was a clearer shot. Well three of them quickly ran out and jumped the fence and disappeared into the thick. The only one left finally stepped out and stopped. It turned toward me which really made me doubtful about making the shot. I put the crosshair right between her shoulders and where I had seen other hunters suggesting to take a frontal shot. I slowly squeezed the trigger trying to keep the weapon steady. Once the shot went off I saw nothing at all in the area I shot (lesson learned to keep my eyes open next time upon recoil and concentrate on the deers direction, etc.). I knew I had good placement and couldn't understand why it wasn't laying by the fence row. I started seriously doubting my 40 yard sight-in that I did the day before. I finally climbed down at started the walk. Once I got to the area I thought she was in I heard a loud grunt. I quickly noticed it laying about 10 yards from where I shot her on the other side of the fence in the thick. It was apparently her last grunt cause it never moved again from that point on. I got her pulled back under the fence on "our" property and then got excited about my first ever deer hunt and first ever deer shot. It turned out to not be as good as the four point I saw but its still my first deer and I wasn't going to pass up the opportunity. Its only a 70lbs doe but its tickles me to death to have made that shot which turned out to be 175 yards according to my GPS. I love this stuff and am addicted. Cant wait to go back! Here are some pics. Man the pics sure make her look small with me beside her!

(The blood you see on the side is the exit of course. I hope it didn't mess up the meat to bad. Its being processed this week.)

Last edited by motorpig262; 11-27-2009 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:59 AM
Spike

Default First Deer with my Marlin

150lbs at 70 yards with Marlin 1894 .44mag Hornady Leverevolution. Notice the lack of scope. I had purchased the wrong size scope rings and was stuck with iron sights that weekend. She was also the largest doe I've ever taken.....or drug out! Cloverdale Indiana
Attached Thumbnails 2009-2010 deer hunting braggin' board-doe.jpg  
Old 11-28-2009, 07:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default 175 buck!

My daughter shot this buck yesterday! It's her first!

Last edited by Nalgi; 01-09-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Illinois Shotgun Buck, 130" 10 pointer
Old 11-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Spike

Her's what I've gotten so far here in Horry County SC. Two six points and a seven point.
Attached Thumbnails 2009-2010 deer hunting braggin' board-6-pt-buck.jpg   2009-2010 deer hunting braggin' board-11-2-2009-6-pt-buck-3.jpg   2009-2010 deer hunting braggin' board-11-25-2009-7-pt-2.jpg  
Old 11-29-2009, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

Good looking bunch of deer here!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Spike

My 2009 rifle deer. It's 8 points but it's not too heavy. I shot it in Loup County NE
Attached Thumbnails 2009-2010 deer hunting braggin' board-tanner.jpg  
Old 11-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Spike

Default 10 pointer

killed in Doswell, Va running dogs.. he was sneaking out of the drive while the dogs were running a dog..i shot him at 85 yards before he jumped in the river..and yes, i jumped in after him..i had to shoot him 4 more time hes 23 inches tip to tip 10 pointer (main frame 9 with a kicker)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.