HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   would a show like this ever make it. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/302328-would-show-like-ever-make.html)

bucksniper14 09-01-2009 06:02 PM

would a show like this ever make it.

do you think that a hunting show that they would only hunt on public land and just shoot deer not like big or anything just normal size deer just like what ever is the fisrt thing to walk by you. so pretty much brown is down. im not if its like this in other states but i wisconsin on public land if you see a deer you pretty much have to shoot it because you probably woont tsee it again because someone else would have shot it already. so do you think that a show like this would make it.

jrbsr 09-01-2009 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by bucksniper14 (Post 3427127)
do you think that a hunting show that they would only hunt on public land and just shoot deer not like big or anything just normal size deer just like what ever is the fisrt thing to walk by you. so pretty much brown is down. im not if its like this in other states but i wisconsin on public land if you see a deer you pretty much have to shoot it because you probably woont tsee it again because someone else would have shot it already. so do you think that a show like this would make it.

I would watch it, espeasly if they show you how they did it.
And explan what they are doing, and why.
It would help a lot of new comers to deer hunting.
A lot of people hunt public land, its the only land thay can afford to hunt.

JMHO

bigbulls 09-01-2009 07:29 PM

Eastmans hunting is just such a show. They only hunt fair chase public land out West.

Although it isn't a "brown is down" type of show. They do go after "quality" animals.

OhioSlayer 09-01-2009 07:42 PM

I think it would make it because it relates alot more to hunters now a days without their own land.

FlDeerman 09-01-2009 08:48 PM

I watched an old Jackie Bushman show where he was hunting in Alabama on his place.The buck he shot was a regular Bama buck,it was one of the best shows I saw him do.In answer to the question,heck yes I'd watch it.

Doe Dumper 09-02-2009 12:04 AM

Eastman's has always been my favorite hunting show. However back in the early hunting video days I loved to watch Dan Fitzgerald shoot anything that came under his stand be it a small doe to a nice buck. That kind of show gave heart to a new bowhunter having a rough time back then. The shows and videos that are out now as a vast majority do nothing except discourage hunters and cram equipment down their throat that they absolutely dont need.

So yeah Id watch it. Thats kinda the way Fitzgeralds videos used to be for the most part. They were instructional and definitely not a trophy only infomerical.

SWThomas 09-02-2009 01:40 AM

I'd watch it. But there's absolutely no way it would make it very long.

kodiakhuntmaster 09-02-2009 03:33 AM

I would watch it.

It's been done before and none of the shows have made it very long. That type of show doesn't keep sponsors like the other ones do because they don't show many products taking those monster bucks consistently.

(In reality, how many products actually do work as good as they market them?)

The hosts won't usually change their gear three times a season just to show off more products either. And those shows cater to more realistic and traditional outdoorsmen that don't go out and buy every new gadget and gizmo that comes out, nor do they commonly buy many of the DVDs.

Even though they'll have many fans and represent a larger majority of hunters, the fact remains that they'll be beat out by all the other shows that only hunt on private ranches under any condition (high fence, corn piles) as long as the deer has a magnanomous rack. The type that likes those shows usually buy up any product that the host pushes and eats up any recommendation that the host makes.

The professional hunting industry is rough and takes a whole lot of money to stay competitive in. Shows that don't bring in that money consistently won't last long.

kevin1 09-02-2009 03:43 AM

It wouldn't get aired because no company would sponsor it.

timbercruiser 09-02-2009 05:01 AM

The Eastmans are the first ones that come to mind. As far as shooting anything that comes around then Nugent isn't a "horn" hunter although he hunts pens, ranches as well as his own land. I don't think the Joe Blow type of hunts would get sponsors for advertising.