Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A Drury Question

Old 09-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Typical Buck

Can anybody tell me what happened to that invention of the Drury's called the Wildlife Eye? I think that's it anyway
Kolpin made the wildlife eye for them-as far as i know it is no longer sold. My guess is that not only was the unit too expensive but then you had to put a video camera in it. I think it was just too expensive for people to use. They were also VERY big and bulky. Now most normal trail cams take video clips, therefore no need for that big expensive unit. Now they use reconyx cameras.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:28 AM
Spike

This is just my opinion.The hunting industry has grown leaps and bounds because of people like these guys.You can't really blame them for all the stuff they push,It's their sponsors and sponsors are what let them do what they do.Mark and terry (Drury) are probally 2 of the nicest guys you can meet,They have a TON of guys that work for them,Thats how they can find all those big bucks you see them hunting,Plus it helps out alot that Terry has farms in the BIG BUCK state of Iowa and Mark has land in Missouri,They have a VERY strict QDMA program on all their properties and that helps out alot,And NO they probally could'nt come to any of our properties in Ky and harvest deer like you see them harvest all the time on tv,But if they had the land for 2 or 3 yrs they would.It takes a little self control to let them grow bigger,We have been doing this for 3 yrs now and let me tell ya it is starting to pay off.Everyone can hate the people in the industry but with out them our sport of hunting that we ALL love would not be where it is today.Just my opinion.

HOPE EVRYONE HAS A SAFE SEASON.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:21 PM
Spike

1) On most shows in general it is all one big commercial for the products they hawk

2) yes I am jealous and would do it in a heartbeat to make a living doing something I love
Old 09-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP

Hunting has become big business, it's all about the "$$$$$" nothing more, but to think that the average Joe hunter can do what they do is a myth, cause like I have said, most of us don't have the time, money or the land like they do.

Very well said.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pimps and whores... indeed! That being said, I respect the guys that do NOT sell out every year! One year its Hoyt writing them the checks and they swear they are the best of the best and then the next year PSE wants to write 'em an even bigger check... so of course,.. PSE is the best bow now!

I can respect the guys that say what they mean and mean what they say.... however, the Drury's are no longer those kind of folks!
Old 09-15-2009, 05:42 AM
Spike

I'm new to this site and so far I'm enjoying hanging out here. If you would like to hear a interview with Mark Drury, he will be my guest on my weekly radio outdoor show. He is scheduled to be on my show October 3rd, Saturday morning at 7am. If you live within a 100 miles of Mattoon IL. tune into 101.3 WMCI or listen on the internet at www.downriveroutdoors.net (click on the WMCI LOGO), or catch it later in the week when it is loaded on the website.Like them or not, hope you can get a chance to listen.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:54 AM
Fork Horn

My sentiments exactly Il-Cornfed. I lost respect for them only because I think they believe hunters are dumb enough to believe all of a sudden PSE is the greatest bow out there. Come on, we aren't that brainless. iI you shoot a PSE, good for you, but I hope you do it because you tried the rest, and found it the best for you, not because the Drury's shoot it - this year anyway, lol.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:21 PM
Spike

i would say they have to get paid although a lot of us would be happy to do it for free just to be able to keep all that equipment they use
Old 09-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seriously people of course they are going to try to sell their product on their shows. They are playing the game of life. I wish I did what they do. It doesn't make them bad people because they want to make money. They started from the ground up just like most of us. Any ways.....they are ok in my book. As long as they keep on doing what they do for catch a dream, I can't bash them.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:08 PM
Spike

Man guys I have to post here they did not get to the top over night. I know how hard they all work and I have met some truley genuine people. So what if they have endorsements this is what they do for a living. I would be doing the same thing. You can't tell me that they don't still enjoy the thrill of the hunt. I think alot of the Drury Brothers. Who would not want to trade places but I can tell you I am sure their lives are full of headaches that you don't see on camera. The more money you make the more headaches you have. You can't tell me if you were in their shoes that you would not consider some of the things that they are doing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.