Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A Drury Question

Old 09-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Spike

Bottom line is everyone of the tv personalities are business men and/or women FIRST. When someone like the Drury brothers constantly switch brands year after year it means it all works well enough to kill a deer and we should quit buying in to the salesmanship. Lets go back to bear whitetail II and alluminum arrows, and sitting on the ground. If you dont like the Drury brothers (and I'm with you) or primos or Waddell or you ever dont watch them.
Old 09-03-2009, 05:37 AM
Spike

I love them all I don't care what they use ! or what type or brand just hunt and be happy are coutry still lets us hunt ! Mark and Terry used Hoyt bow for ever ! Then they went to PSE big deal . I buy a new bow every 2 years . I had a HOYT a bowtech a nugebow by renagade tryed the SBD by renagade ,PSE, a Parker ,Marten and I loved all them bow's and they got the job done . I'm now back to Fred Bear using the Truth 2 I love this bow and feel Will Primo did a great job ! But I'm going to buy a Mattew Mc'preison [spelling ?] Mattews Reison . But I have to give a big thank you to Tiff from the Crush and Shamain Nugent Teds wife after being maired for 20 years my wife is starting to show she wants to hunt and I been trying to get her to hunt sence we were dating ! Now that ole boy Mike Waddell he's my hero ! I don't care if some one wants to make a ass out of them selfs on tv like the guy on the Durys show your talking about . It sure make the summer go fast to get back hunting and I won't put none of these people down . And they were all there when I was in the Medical care for 6 mouths on tv . Stop complaining and just have fun ,its not that big of a deal what they do or use . Your reading to far into it .
Old 09-03-2009, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I must be in the minority then, because I truly believe that Drurys, HBTV, and Primos put on the best shows around.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

Okay, I didn't mean to get everybody's blood boiling, including my own, lol. We can change the channel and all have different opinions of people and their shows. By the way, my husband has read the Drury book and all of Ted Nugent's books. This thread started out as a question about whether or not people like John Frank(UGH!) and the Probsts, get paid for their appearances on the Drury DVDs. I say yes, John says no. I know the Drury's are paid by all of their sponsors, but are the others?
As far as the Drury shows, I think they have dropped the ball and their former years on DVD are a world apart from the ones now. I won't watch the new, but I will watch the ones I own, and there are quite a few of them. I am sorry if i stepped on anybody's toes. This is America and so far, anyway, we are all free to choose. We, as hunters, should concentrate more on our rights being taken away and important issues like that and never mind these silly shows. My bad for starting the post, but in my defense, I wanted to prove to my husband that these guys were not hunting for no compensation. How would their families survive without their paychecks in this crazy world we live in??

P.S. I am not jealous of them. I love living and hunting where I am - especially since there is a BIG 10 point in our area to hunt - but I do look forward to retiring somewhere other than New York. I'm getting old and the bones can't take the cold anymore
Old 09-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rh160kid,

Buy our latest video "Full-Circle", and after watching it - if you don't think it was worth the $14.99+3.00 shipping - I'll refund your money - complete, with shipping charges.

You can promote products without making it feel like an infomercial. Our video is our product! We will promote for companies we believe in - and it's not because of $$$! When you see our video you will understand!
Old 09-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by WKP Todd
Rh160kid,

Buy our latest video "Full-Circle", and after watching it - if you don't think it was worth the $14.99+3.00 shipping - I'll refund your money - complete, with shipping charges.

You can promote products without making it feel like an infomercial. Our video is our product! We will promote for companies we believe in - and it's not because of $$$! When you see our video you will understand!
So are you saying that if bow company X came to you and offered a GENEROUS amount of money to promote their bow you wouldnt do it if you didnt believe in that brand? Be honest here...Btw i will definitely check out your video.
Old 09-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

We actually hooked up with Elite archery this year. After meeting the owners at the Illinois Deer Classic, and shooting their bows, I knew we had found what we were looking for.

It is as important to me that the companies we work with are as hard-core of bowhunters as we are. The fact that Elite was at all the same Midwest deer classics as ourselves, well; that went along way with me.

If you have never shot one, just try one! You will see why we are so excited to shoot them. When it came time to discuss "promotion" with Elite, they agreed that the gimmicky "commercial" type of product plugs don't work. Instead, we give them props by showing their product in the field doing what it was meant to do. We also put the commercials for our sponsors at the end of our videos. By the time you finish watching our video, most people appreciate the fact we don't put those plugs in our videos - and want to see what we are promoting.

Check out Full-Circle and let me know what you think!
Old 09-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rh160kid
Sounds to me like you are jealous of the life they live to me. They didnt always live this way-they busted their asses and became successfull. If its so easy as you claim, start your own hunting video line and products. Too kill someone for being a business person is not fare. They provide for their families as you and i do. why dont you take a peek at all the money they donate to charities such as their own charity, catch a dream. You are way off base in your comments. Do i get sick of the product plugs from different companies that sponsor them year to year- of course i do. You would do the same thing if you were in their shoes!!! Labeling people that provide hunting oppurtunitys to handicapped kids and others less fortunate as bad people or that they are somehow doing something wrong is moronic.
Dang. Wow. Thanks for saving me some typing! My sentiments exactly.

iSnipe
Old 09-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WKP Todd
The solution = www.whiteknuckleproductions.com

100% Fair Chase
100% Bowhunting
100% Self Guided
100% Sponsor BS Free

Agreed, 100 %.
Old 09-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by johnandmare
.........I love living and hunting where I am - especially since there is a BIG 10 point in our area to hunt - but I do look forward to retiring somewhere other than New York. I'm getting old and the bones can't take the cold anymore

Yeah,but it's better than drowning in Florida-hurricanes-, burning in California-brushfires-, or being blown to smitherines in Oklahoma-tornadoes. One thing I enjoy about our winters, come spring, my house is still here

I have to agree with the comments about bringing them out to NJ to hunt. Same with the High Peaks in the Adirondacks. THAT will give them a lesson in humility. Bottom line though: it IS { Drury's, Primos, etc } nothing more than entertainment.

Last edited by crokit; 09-03-2009 at 06:09 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.