Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What gun do u recommend

Old 08-30-2009, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you don't own a 12 gauge you NEED that first.

Then the 0tt'6 for versatility.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

all 3 would do the job, but depending on the situation one should come to the front of the class rather quicky...

12ga in IL, as aforementioned, no rifles in IL, least not for deer hunting

.30-06 for something flatter shooting long range, ie out west probably 200yds plus...

.30-30 can hit 300yds nowadays, but I think out to 150/200yds maybe I'd break it out, I think if it were less than 150 I'd use the .30-30 but if you might take a longer shot, the 06
Old 08-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Sheridan
If you don't own a 12 gauge you NEED that first.

Then the 0tt'6 for versatility.
x2. They all work but the 12 gauge you can use for everything from deer to dove. Just get some chokes and start patterning. When deer season rolls around if you want a little more range, opt for some Remington sluggers and go out and have a good time. Either way a shotgun is vital.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

To me it wouldn't matter how I hunted. I would always chose the 06, because you never know when a buck might just step out while heading back to your truck or cabin at a bit longish of yardage.