Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Hunting Products made in the USA ? >

Hunting Products made in the USA ?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Products made in the USA ?

Old 08-29-2009, 02:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default Hunting Products made in the USA ?

With more and more of American jobs going to Mexico or overseas I was wondering what outdoor companies still make the products here in the USA. I know Easton arrows are anyone know of any others.
Also I received an Email from a friend at A&M it stated that McDonalds is planning on getting there beef from South America. I hope not cause if they do I done even getting a coke there.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

You buy things every day that aren't made here.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

A "for profit" corporation is faced with the decision of paying an employee $3 an hour to produce a product versus at least our current minimum wage.....what do you think they are going to do? I'm not saying I agree only stating facts here.
Old 08-29-2009, 04:59 PM
Fork Horn

I talked to Jerry Peterson, owner of WoodsWise game calls a year or so ago and all his products were made here and he said they would continue to be. He makes a heck of a deer call and other game calls as well. I own and use several and they do work and work well. Also check out Straight Creek Calls for turkey calls .
Old 08-29-2009, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jd3006
I talked to Jerry Peterson, owner of WoodsWise game calls a year or so ago and all his products were made here and he said they would continue to be. He makes a heck of a deer call and other game calls as well. I own and use several and they do work and work well. Also check out Straight Creek Calls for turkey calls .
That's cool and all but I guarantee you could walk into his shop and within 5 minutes find 50 things that weren't made here. I'm not advocating buying from overseas, just being realistic. A lot of people will claim they only buy American or their product is entirely made here. All the while there are 20 things right under their noses that aren't made here. Like the tools he makes his calls with for instance....
Old 08-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Firehawk7309
A "for profit" corporation is faced with the decision of paying an employee $3 an hour to produce a product versus at least our current minimum wage.....what do you think they are going to do? I'm not saying I agree only stating facts here.

Thats been part of the American problem for the last 50 years. We used to be proud to produce things here and now we are sacrificing quality products for more money. When I have a company I will much rather pay more for my products to be built here in the US and not make much money my first 5 years then have my business in China or South America.

Unless we change this mentality America will not be able to be the leader of the business world like it once used to
Old 08-29-2009, 08:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Cougar Claw Treestands (100% Foley Al.)
Old 08-30-2009, 03:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I could go on for hours about this sore subject, seeing how I just sold my manufacturing company in July and have 1st hand experience with overseas competition... So I won't poison this post with any of my blah-blah-blah!

I know I'm made in the USA - citizen born baby!!!
Old 08-30-2009, 03:24 AM
Typical Buck

I'm not saying that we can buy everything American made but we can try. What I'm getting at is that we can make Americans more aware of what products are made in the USA. I never knew wood wise game calls where made in the USA. I have a couple old videos at Jerry Peterson is in and he knows what he is talking about. A friend of mine has his own turkey call company called Maxy Sturt Cutsom Turkey Calls out of Waverly Kentucky. This thread is to just give people a idea of what is made in the USA.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:07 AM
Typical Buck

atleast buy all the big ticket items you can that are made here.

if americans don't atart doing this we will soon be totally owned by foriegn companies. most just don't care anymore.

i own 5 GM cars and trucks,1 polaris atv and custom virginia built boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.