Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Hunting Products made in the USA ? >

Hunting Products made in the USA ?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Hunting Products made in the USA ?

Old 08-31-2009, 03:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great posts driftrider! Some people just need to be educated on the facts.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:06 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by driftrider
And that's why we should trust it to run GM well?

And what about the American Toyota workers building cars and trucks in Alabama, Texas, West Virginia, Kentucky and Indiana. Screw those guys, huh? I guess cause they're not lazy, overpaid, UAW parasites they can just go to he!!, right? The way I see it, Toyota and most other foreign car companies (Kia/Hyundai, Mazda, Mitsubishi, Honda, BMW and Mercedes all have plants in the US that I know of) have made considerable investments in the US workforce. They are building plants here when the Big 3 are closing their plants and sending them to Mexico.

Enjoy your truck.

Mike
those plants coming here in the first place should have never been allowed to happen,they are whats ruining us right now. all you are doing is making the japs richer. they are laughing at us americans ,ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by srwshooter
those plants coming here in the first place should have never been allowed to happen,they are whats ruining us right now. all you are doing is making the japs richer. they are laughing at us americans ,ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK.
No sense in crying about it now. Those plants are here and they're employing a whole lot of AMERICAN workers. Keeping Americans employed should be the priority here.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:25 AM
Spike

most of the compound bows are made in USA and firearms too.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by SWThomas
I agree. That's why I bought a Tundra.

Seriously though, I bought the Tundra because it's a great truck. Being that it's more made in America than a Chevy or a Ford was just a plus for me.

Please explain how the Tundra is "more made in America" than the F150.

What Are the Top American-Made Cars? Cars.com's American-Made Index rates vehicles built and bought in the U.S. Factors include sales, where the car's parts are made and whether the car is assembled in the U.S. Models that have been discontinued are disqualified, as are those with a domestic-parts content rating below 75 percent.

RankMake/Model U.S. Assembly Location Last Rank
1.Ford F-150* Claycomo, Mo.; Dearborn, Mich.;1
2.Toyota Camry**, Camry Solara Georgetown, Ky.; Lafayette, Ind.2
3.Chevrolet Silverado 1500* Fort Wayne, Ind.; Pontiac, Mich.3
4.Chevrolet CobaltLordstown, Ohio4
5.Ford Focus Wayne, Mich.—
6.Toyota Sienna Princeton, Ind.8
7. Chevrolet Malibu, Malibu Maxx Kansas City, Kan.6
8.Pontiac G6Orion, Mich.9
9.Ford Escape**Claycomo, Mo.10
10.Toyota Tundra Princeton, Ind.; San Antonio, Texas—

*Rankings based on estimated sales breakouts and/or production data.
**Excludes hybrid.

Sources: Automaker data, Automotive News, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration

Last edited by ipscshooter; 09-01-2009 at 07:57 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ipscshooter
Please explain how the Tundra is "more made in America" than the F150.
Please tell me how many Tundra plants are located in Mexico and Canada.... Thanks!
Old 09-01-2009, 08:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

Please tell me how many Tundra plants are located in Mexico and Canada.... Thanks!
How many F150 plants are located there?

Last edited by ipscshooter; 09-01-2009 at 08:32 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

How many F150 plants are located there?
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...=f&oq=&aqi=g10

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...a&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

My own personal Ford F-150 Lightning (sold now) was made in Canada. It said so right on the owners certificate. And it had "Made in Mexico" tags all over it.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...=f&oq=&aqi=g10

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...a&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

My own personal Ford F-150 Lightning (sold now) was made in Canada. It said so right on the owners certificate. And it had "Made in Mexico" tags all over it.
That's interesting... I understood that all F150s sold in the U.S. were built at the Ford plant in Claycomo, Missouri or in Dearborn, Michigan, with domestic parts content ranging between 75% and 90%. I didn't research Lightnings...

I did note on one of the sites that came up on your google searches that F150's made to be sold to the Mexican Market were made in Mexico. But, your searches are for "ford plant in canada" and "ford plant in mexico" which seems rather beside the point, since my question related specifically to F150's (that compete with your Tundra), not all vehicles made by Ford.

Last edited by ipscshooter; 09-01-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-01-2009, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's interesting... I understood that all F150s sold in the U.S. were built at the Ford plant in Claycomo, Missouri or in Dearborn, Michigan, with domestic parts content ranging between 75% and 90%. I didn't research Lightnings...

I did note on one of the sites that came up on your google searches that F150's made to be sold to the Mexican Market were made in Mexico. But, your searches are for "ford plant in canada" and "ford plant in mexico" which seems rather beside the point, since my question related specifically to F150's (that compete with your Tundra), not all vehicles made by Ford.
I see your point. I'm going off my own personal experience with an F-150 and what I have read on the net.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.