Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What we sometimes have to do

Old 08-27-2009, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What we sometimes have to do

With the dawning of the deer bow season this Monday I've been busting a** to get those jobs around the house so I can get away. Installed stainless steel backsplashes in the kitchen, put a new ceiling up in the pool room (call it the rack room for the walls have my mounts around the room...16x16 ft room....moving the old insulation out was the worst, taping and mudding Fri, Friday and Sat. taking out 1000 sq. ft of hardwood out of my parent's home so that they can get new installed all so I can get out Sunday to Wen to do some bow hunting. I'm sure that there are many of you out there that try to get those household jobs out of the way just for those memorable moments in the field. Best of luck with your job jars for for it is worth it getting it done so that a get away with family and good buds is possible. This year it seemed as if the season just snuck up on me. The older you get the faster time flies.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:44 AM
Typical Buck

you gotta love the honeydo list. get it done-times a ticking.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Spike

Right now I am trying to get everything in the garden put up. It seems to be the most occupying. We had some really good luck this year with tomatoes, green beans and sweet corn. I am about to the point I want to just till it up so that I don't have to look at another tomato. If my wife could run the tiller, I am sure she would have already done it!
Old 08-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Spike

Im in Kentucky an our bow season starts on sat Sept 5, so we are all doing the same. I have been lucky enough to get out an do alot of scouting an prep work so I hope it pays off. Good hunting an best of wish's Drew
Old 08-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Spike

It makes me more impatient to hear all of your bow seasons about to start! Here in Oklahoma we dont get kicked off till Oct 1st so if I was smart I would start now on the honey-do lists...but will probably wait till the last minute!