HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Quick color blind survey (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/301856-quick-color-blind-survey.html)

kbinko92 08-27-2009 05:04 PM

Quick color blind survey

Hi everybody, I'm doing research for a class at school and am trying to find if color blindness has any effect on deer hunting. If you could fill out this brief survey it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

1. Have you ever hunted deer? No (skip to question 8) /Yes (please continue to question 2-7)

2. If yes, overall, how experienced are you as a hunter? (pick one) very experienced, somewhat experienced, not very experienced, not at all experienced

3. Have you ever gone deer hunting? Yes/No

4. How many times did you go deer hunting in the past year?_______

5. If any, in the past year, how many deer have you seen while hunting?___

6. If any, in the past year, how many deer have you taken a shot at, but missed? ______

7. If any, in the past year, how many deer have you actually killed? _____

8. What is your age? ______

9. Do you wear glasses or contacts? No (skip to question 11) /Yes (please continue to question 10).

10. If so, are you: Near sighted? Far sighted? Other, please specify ____________________

11. Are you color blind? Yes / No

fastetti 08-27-2009 05:13 PM

1. Have you ever hunted deer? No (skip to question 8) /Yes (please continue to question 2-7) Yes

2. If yes, overall, how experienced are you as a hunter? (pick one) very experienced, somewhat experienced, not very experienced, not at all experienced Very Experienced

3. Have you ever gone deer hunting? Yes/No Yes

4. How many times did you go deer hunting in the past year?__5__

5. If any, in the past year, how many deer have you seen while hunting?_40__

6. If any, in the past year, how many deer have you taken a shot at, but missed? ___0___

7. If any, in the past year, how many deer have you actually killed? __3___

8. What is your age? __30____

9. Do you wear glasses or contacts? No (skip to question 11) /Yes (please continue to question 10). Yes

10. If so, are you: Near sighted? Far sighted? Other, please specify Near Sighted

11. Are you color blind? Yes / No Nope

rogercampbell1986 08-27-2009 05:45 PM

1. Have you ever hunted deer? Yes

2. If yes, overall, how experienced are you as a hunter? (pick one) very experienced, benn hunting since i was 10 an im 23 now.

3. Have you ever gone deer hunting? Yes

4. How many times did you go deer hunting in the past year? alot, my wife says to much

5. If any, in the past year, how many deer have you seen while hunting? 60

6. If any, in the past year, how many deer have you taken a shot at, but missed? 0___

7. If any, in the past year, how many deer have you actually killed? 3

8. What is your age? 23

9. Do you wear glasses or contacts? No

10. If so, are you: Near sighted? Far sighted? Other, please specify Near Sighted

11. Are you color blind? No

hope i was a help to you, Drew from Kentucky.

Pupuchito 08-28-2009 05:02 AM

1. Have you ever hunted deer? No (skip to question 8) /Yes (please continue to question 2-7) Yes

2. If yes, overall, how experienced are you as a hunter? (pick one) somewhat experienced,

4. How many times did you go deer hunting in the past year?_______10

5. If any, in the past year, how many deer have you seen while hunting?___40

6. If any, in the past year, how many deer have you taken a shot at, but missed? ______1 bow

7. If any, in the past year, how many deer have you actually killed? _____2

8. What is your age? ______43

9. Do you wear glasses or contacts? No (skip to question 11) /Yes (please continue to question 10).Yes

10. If so, are you: Near sighted ____________________

11. Are you color blind? Yes

RenaissanceBiker 08-28-2009 05:20 AM

1. Have you ever hunted deer? No (skip to question 8) /Yes (please continue to question 2-7)
Yes

2. If yes, overall, how experienced are you as a hunter? (pick one) very experienced, somewhat experienced, not very experienced, not at all experienced
somewhat experienced

3. Have you ever gone deer hunting? Yes/No
Yes

4. How many times did you go deer hunting in the past year?_______
I'm just going to guess 15. I didn't get to go as much as I would have liked but I got out there a bunch of times.

5. If any, in the past year, how many deer have you seen while hunting?___

6. If any, in the past year, how many deer have you taken a shot at, but missed? ______

7. If any, in the past year, how many deer have you actually killed? _____

8. What is your age? ______

9. Do you wear glasses or contacts? No (skip to question 11) /Yes (please continue to question 10).
Yes

10. If so, are you: Near sighted? Far sighted? Other, please specify ____________________
Near sighted

11. Are you color blind? Yes / No
Yes. The receptors on my retina that detect green are weaker than they should be. I can see green, but distinguishing between certain shades of red, green and brown can be difficult.

skb2706 08-28-2009 06:00 AM

yes
very
if I answer #1 then I shouldn't have to answer this one
we go for as long as it takes to fill a few licenses 4 days
you wouldn't believe me if I typed it ...hundreds
one
two
old enough to not have to post threads for school ...53
yes and no...I'm in denial
both
no

popeye2 08-28-2009 06:13 AM

1. yes
2. very
3. yes
4. 30+
5. A lot
6. 0
7. 3
8. 45
9. yes
10. near
11. no

paterlog 08-28-2009 06:50 PM

1. Have you ever hunted deer? yes
2. If yes, overall, how experienced are you as a hunter? very experienced

4. How many times did you go deer hunting in the past year?___45____

5. If any, in the past year, how many deer have you seen while hunting?__40_

6. If any, in the past year, how many deer have you taken a shot at, but missed? ___0___

7. If any, in the past year, how many deer have you actually killed? __4___

8. What is your age? ___41___

9. Do you wear glasses or contacts? No

11. Are you color blind? Yes

sachiko 08-29-2009 05:30 AM

You need to ask if the respondent is male or female. Color blindness is extremely rare in females. Females responding to your survey could skew your results.

1. Have you ever hunted deer? Yes

2. If yes, overall, how experienced are you as a hunter? (pick one) somewhat experienced.

4. How many times did you go deer hunting in the past year? Several

5. If any, in the past year, how many deer have you seen while hunting? Several

6. If any, in the past year, how many deer have you taken a shot at, but missed? None

7. If any, in the past year, how many deer have you actually killed? One doe

8. What is your age? 19 now, 18 last season

9. Do you wear glasses or contacts? Yes

10. If so, are you: Near sighted? Yes

11. Are you color blind? No (But note that I am female)

:sheep: We sheep are color deficient of course, but we don't go deer hunting

Phil from Maine 08-29-2009 06:23 AM

[quote=kbinko92;3422191]Hi everybody, I'm doing research for a class at school and am trying to find if color blindness has any effect on deer hunting. If you could fill out this brief survey it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

First of all welovome to the forums..

1. Have you ever hunted deer? No (skip to question 8) YES

2. If yes, overall, how experienced are you as a hunter? very experienced

3. Have you ever gone deer hunting? YES

4. How many times did you go deer hunting in the past year?_______ 10 worked most of the season..

5. If any, in the past year, how many deer have you seen while hunting?___ 15 most all were antlerless ( bucks only here..)

6. If any, in the past year, how many deer have you taken a shot at, but missed? ______ 1 with a bow

7. If any, in the past year, how many deer have you actually killed? _____ 0

8. What is your age? ______ 49

9. Do you wear glasses or contacts? Sometimes

10. If so, are you: Near sighted? Far sighted? Other, please specify ____________________ Far sighted

11. Are you color blind? YES

Now let us know what exactly being colorblind has to do with hunting? After all knowing and identifying your target is a must before shooting at it...