Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Feeling very down.

Old 08-26-2009, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for the kind words guys. it's just a very dejected feeling you know. you become emotionally attached to a place and you know in a week it will never be the same. another concern i have is this: i know the guys logging. i know they love hunting. i know that while working they have their rifles nearby. i'm concerned that they'll lay waste to not only the trees. ugh. thanks again for the encouragement.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

See if you can find out if they are clear cutting it or select cutting it. I know it's bad timing, but cutovers are my favorite thing to hunt. A clearcut will be good the 1st year and REALLY good in year 2 & 3. Don't give up on it, it'll be a big mistake if you do.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:13 PM
Dominant Buck

There will be plenty of food on the ground when they start logging..............In northern Fl at the club I use to belong to the deer associated the noise of the Chain Saws with dinner time!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

A friend of mine that is a logger noticed that there were a lot of tracks on the ramp area one morning when they returned to work. He got in the loader after work the next afternoon and had killed a big 8 point within a half hour of sitting there..
Old 08-26-2009, 06:42 PM
Fork Horn

When they log the spot that i hunt it makes hunting much better more saplings and cover for the deer.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:41 AM
Fork Horn

Rusty, I hunt in Jones, Beaufort, Craven and Washington Counties and would be happy to hook you up with a place to hunt. I am in two clubs and both have openings. Send me an email [email protected] BTW, your name sure does sound familiar. Besides, I'm handicapped and am always looking for someone to hunt with as I cannot hunt alone.

Ray

Last edited by Bigtimer; 08-31-2009 at 03:44 AM.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:54 AM
Little Doe Peep

Smile

Originally Posted by Robert L E
There may be more deer while they are logging. To some deer a chain saw sounds like a dinner bell. I've seen it more than once.

I'd talk with the loggers before I'd give up on the spot.

Bob

Deer are basically browsers. All that brush the loggers leave is an all you can eat buffet.

We herbivores like to have lots of food close by