HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   built another blind (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/301645-built-another-blind.html)

srwshooter 08-25-2009 01:28 PM

built another blind

guys,i just finished this blind . a landowner saw my blind on wheels that i built a while back(it was posted here a few weeks ago) and said he would love to have one on the ground on a piece of property that he hunts,well since he has let me hunt one of his places for 3yrs now i decided to built him one.

i built it out of 2 totes as before,cut the bottom out of one and the top out of the second. slide them together and fasten with screws. cut a door opening and what ever size window openings you want. i made up window panels to fit mine but,you could just leave them open. made upa door out of leftover plastic and aluminum angle. a few hinges,a hasp to add a lock and paint and its ready to go. the blind weighs maybe 75lbs total and will never rot.

this is a great way to keep my landowner happy . it only took me a day to build , now we just have to get it setup on his hunting ground.

J Pike 08-25-2009 03:21 PM

Awesome looking blind!! Do you have any pics of the totes prior to cutting and painting them? Thanks, Pike

fastetti 08-25-2009 04:26 PM

Where did you say you get the totes from? I really like your design and REALLY like how it won't rot or get holes in it. I thought you said you got the totes from some sort of factory that has tons of them. Great blind and thanks for any info!!

BigDaddy12t 08-25-2009 05:50 PM

That looks like a nice comfy blind! Good Job!

srwshooter 08-26-2009 04:05 AM

yes ,there are lots of factories in my area that use these totes to ship different types of liquids. these came from a ink factory. in my area there are some food producers that make candy and snack cakes that also use them. my wife works for a trucking company that delivers these thing daily so she has contact with the right people. they are about 4ft square before cutting,most are white plastic and come on a pallet with a tube cage to add strength. they are very easy to cut with a jigsaw. i don't have a pic of one before cutting but i'll try to get one . there is a guy in my area that makes these blinds and sells them for 350.00. with the totes being free ,i have about 60.00 in this one. paint ,hinges and door latch,and a few boxes of screws are my only expense.

wis_bow_huntr 08-26-2009 06:53 AM

Are these the 330Gal. IBCs Totes? Or the 250gal.

bugsNbows 08-26-2009 07:40 AM

Good for you. Great job and they look awesome. Congrats. :hail:

Stoningtonwhitetail 08-26-2009 11:11 AM

good blind...I prefer natural...but still a good blind

texas8point 08-26-2009 11:18 AM

very cool looking. what is the door made of ?

srwshooter 08-26-2009 12:27 PM

they are 330gal totes. the totes have plastic panels on 2 sides of them when i get them. the panels snap onto the metal cage and are used for shipping labels and contents labels.they are about 2ft by 2ft. i cut them up and used them along with some aluinum angle to build the door. as long as you lap them so water won't run in ,it works fine. i try to use plastic or metal for everything so they will last.