HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Anti Hunting Mother F%$#@ (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/301621-anti-hunting-mother-f.html)

Down&OutHunting 08-25-2009 08:15 AM

Anti Hunting Mother F%$#@

So i started school down at SIU in Carbondale and a few of us that are in the Ag program were talking about farming and hunting. When all of a sudden these 3 people in front of us turn around and tell us that we are cruel and ruthless. We ask them why and heres what they tell us about farmers and hunters. They said all we do is go plant crops in the fields to attract the animals and then we shoot them out of the crop fields. We all just looked at each other and laughed and told them ok we will quit farming and you stupid bastards can go plant your own soybeans and make your own soy burgers. Guess they dont understand the concept that Hunting and farming is pretty much the same. We farm to provide food and we hunt to provide food. I hope the bastards starve.

nick_bleuer76 08-25-2009 08:28 AM

You have to understand they also have their rights, the right to be ignorant!

Western MA Hunter 08-25-2009 09:09 AM

Ignorance is the key word there...
Man, I hate it when people are so biased and confused..

Stoningtonwhitetail 08-25-2009 10:05 AM

Just realize that you are that much more "open minded" than those people...I have in-laws that are just like this...you cant make them understand...they would rather just go to the grocery store and buy a steak or burger....I understand your frustrations!!!

Lanse couche couche 08-25-2009 10:07 AM

sounds like Trustafarians from Chicago...

nchawkeye 08-25-2009 10:25 AM

No need to get ugly with them...Ask if they believe in God, most folks will say "Of course"...

Then send them to Genesis 1:28, nuff said...

wis_bow_huntr 08-25-2009 10:25 AM

Yea and these are probably the first people to go out buy a $60,000.00 Escalade and complain as soon as gas hits more than $3.00 a gal.

Down&OutHunting 08-25-2009 10:39 AM

yea we just kept our mouths shut because we knew it would do no good to argue with them. Most of the kids there are from the city anyways and have no idea where food comes from. They would rather tear up thousands of farm acres to build shopping malls. They just think you go to a grocery store or resteraunt to get food they dont know the actual source of it. Nothing but pea brains.

sachiko 08-25-2009 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Stoningtonwhitetail (Post 3419212)
Just realize that you are that much more "open minded" than those people...I have in-laws that are just like this...you cant make them understand...they would rather just go to the grocery store and buy a steak or burger....I understand your frustrations!!!

The problem with those folks is that they seem to think that those steaks and burgers grow on meat trees in China.

:sheep: May The Sheep Be With You

Stoningtonwhitetail 08-25-2009 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by daddyslittlegirl (Post 3419261)
The problem with those folks is that they seem to think that those steaks and burgers grow on meat trees in China.

:sheep: May The Sheep Be With You

well said!