Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Anti Hunting Mother F%$#@

Old 08-25-2009, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, that does suck. I went to SIUC for 2 years before transfering to KU. I hunted and fished pretty much everyday I was there. The guys I hunted with were my frat brothers and we were all Chicago suburb guys and LOVED being able to hunt and fish everyday. We never ran into any anti-hunters down there, but from what it sounds like, it is getting worse. I guess our hunting group was average 6'5' 230 pds though! I heard last year all the gun permits were sold out for Crab Orchard and when the 1st day of the shotgun deer season came, there were 130 no shows. Damn anti's in Carbondale bought up all the permits. I heard a lot of people were pissed and rightfully so! Just ignore them, most likely they are shoeless hippys that smoke too much weed and people you don't want to associate with. I found that most people down there didn't mind hunting, even the goodlooking girls from the Chicago suburbs which was a shock. Everytime I met a girl at the bars and told them I hunted down there, they were more curious than anything. I actually took a few of the sorority girls out with me a few times, they found it pretty entertaining.

I haven't hunted Crab Orchard in 10 or so years (Deer hunted over in Harrisburg last year) but if you need any spots to hunt on there, I still remember all my rabbit, quail and pheasant hot spots and don't mind sharing them. Enjoy your time there and believe me......Stay in as long as you can, its rough in the real world!!!
Old 08-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

THEY DON'T??????LOL
When someone is trying to make a fool of themselves,stay out of there way and let them.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

yea fast etti it must have gotten worse and the bad thing was it was our first day haha..But im not to worried. I went to school at a community college up north in mattoon for 2 years and hunted all the time. I live in So. IL about an 45 min. north of Carbondale, im going to commute back and forth but ive got so many friends that i went to school with up north that are living down there ill probably never be home. If them girls down there are curious about hunting i may just have to take a few. But if i meet them at the bars im sure it'll have to be an evening hunt. Then ill throw the kill in my truck and show it off on campus for all them anti hunters.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep we spend thousands of dollars in labor, seed, fuel and everything else, so we can go shoot two deer a year off the land.
We are cruel and ruthless.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:27 PM
Fork Horn

Anti's are stupid worthless morons that act like spoiled brat kids from single child families where they raised their voices one time and momy and dady come running.