Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
bowhunting out of ground blind >

bowhunting out of ground blind

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

bowhunting out of ground blind

Old 08-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Never had too much luck shooting anything but turkeys out of my blinds
Old 08-25-2009, 11:47 AM
Spike

Hi all
My first year hunting I took my buck out of a blind.
He was a big 2 pointer.
IMO I don't think it matters during rut where you put tour blind. The boy has only 1 thing on his mind...and it ain't your blind.
Oh and that was with my .270.
I have a Parker bow and I don't have enough room in my blind to shoot it w/o the back open.
But I have seen the Primo Boys hunt from the Big Blind there using now and they seem to have enough room. But I don't have the $300 to spend on one. Still working on the Hunting RV.
Boog

http://www.2womenwhitetaildeerhunting.com
Old 08-26-2009, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

i set up my blind about a week and a half before season so that way the deer have time to get use to it my season starts mid oct. and the deer dont mind it being there as long as you dont let kno you have been there or try not to to say the least but its different but you get use to it
Old 08-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Fork Horn

I dont bowhunt to much from the ground, but did so with my oldest son last year.
Old 08-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've hunted from many different style ground blinds. When gun hunting, it doesnt matter too much what kind. Plenty of room generally.
When bow hunting it is a different story. You need to have plenty of room. FWIW, i find the hub style blind of at least 60" is adequate. I don't consider the doghouse style blinds large enough IMO.
One more thing. Windows. Make sure your windows are low enough to shoot through without hitting the blind at the bottom of the window.
A common mistake is looking through your sight and seeing your target just fine not realizing that your arrow is taking off several inches below that.
I have a hole in my first blind to prove it. Fortunately, i did this during practice rather than while shooting at a deer.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:07 PM
Spike

I have used Ameristep blind for 3 years now and I love it. I used to hunt high but i'm scared of heights. I put the blind out 2 weeks early. I take deer every year from the blind. I have actually had two different does come right up to the window, as if they were trying to see inside. Like the others said, if bow hunting, make sure you practice from the blind and position your seat so you can draw.