HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   AHHHH...I hate people sometimes!!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/301501-ahhhh-i-hate-people-sometimes.html)

bearklr 08-24-2009 05:18 AM

AHHHH...I hate people sometimes!!!

Well, went out yesterday to my treestand on my friends property to clear some lanes. As I'm clearing lanes I see that the other guy who has permission to hunt there was courteous enough to place his stand 15 YARDS FROM MINE!! I am beyond furious!! Nothing makes me madder then when someone doesn't give a crap about someone else. I still haven't got ahold of my friend but it'll be a stickey situation because my friends father gave this other guy permission to hunt there. ARGH!!:nonono2:

wis_bow_huntr 08-24-2009 05:24 AM

Ok heres what you need to do. Ask the guy politely if he realizes he hung his stand so close to yours. If not show him. Do not make an enemy. This could be a good thing for both of you. Show him some other areas that have great potential and maybe help him hang his stand and clear some lanes. If he refuses to move then you may want to talk to the land owner/friend and let him know what happend. If the guy still wont move. then you move, it will make you that much of a better person than the other guy. Good luck.

Bocajnala 08-24-2009 05:32 AM

Try and make a good situation out of it like ^^ said. Maybe he doesn't realize. I had a bunch of amish kids walk under my stand three times one day and they never saw me till I cleared my throat and asked them to take the other trail. It doesn't have to be a bad situation just ask him to move.
-Jake

bearklr 08-24-2009 06:00 AM

Thanks for the responses guys and that's what i would typically do but me and this other clown have a little more history that I didn't include in the original post. This guy is a slob hunter plain and simple and cares about one thing only...shooting something. Last year in rifle season my brother and I were rifle hunting this same field after the corn had been cut. About a half hour after we set up this guy walks into the same field and has a seat. This field is only about 150 yards square and both of us were wearing blaze orange...he just really didn't care. My brother decides to call it a day and heads up over the powerline behind me. In doing so he jumps a deer that at first appears to be a spike and it runs out in the filed DIRECTLY between me and this other guy. The deer is about 25 yards in front of me and the other guy is about another 100 yards past the deer directly in my line of sight. It's not 2 seconds after the deer emerges and I hear BAM! This idiot shoots directly at me to get the deer because he was woried I would get it first. I proceed to shout every name in the book because I don't take too kindly to getting shot at with a 12 ga slug. His first words were "I didn't shoot at you" even though I never mentioned why I was yelling. AHHHHH...I wanted to strangle him. The bad part was he didn't even know it was legal until he walked up to it. I did just talk to my friend and he's going to call the guy and ask him to move his stand.

berettaguy17 08-24-2009 08:15 AM

sounds like a problem, i wouldnt want to be in the woods around people like that. i had a bad enough problem last year with a tresspasing hunter. he would come up and talk like he had permission, but he never did. and two monthes after i got him kicked out, bam 3 treestands gone, not to mention the first day he was out i had all my climbing sticks go missing. and i could hear him shooting at all kinds of things. never did he hit anything either. but still he was a problem. sometimes certain people just shouldnt be hunting.

MACHINIST 08-24-2009 08:38 AM

Drop a deuce on his seat!!:rock: