Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

A big thank you to the guy who destroyed my feeder...

Old 08-23-2009, 06:31 PM
Super Moderator

stab, you are completely out of line. if it's legal there than it is legal. I don't hunt over one, because I like to still hunt. the only time I sit is when its warm outside at which point I hunt over a corn field. But what's the difference between that and a feeder? Not much. Keep your comments to yourself if they are ignorant. No one wants in idiot around this forum. If someone is doing something illegal, than by all means have at it. But when we are discussing legal issues if you have nothing to contribute than keep your text to yourself.
-Jake
Old 08-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Beezer
The only thing I hunt by is the law.

You self-righteous, be than thou hunters who sit on food plots and oaks are no better than tree-huggers complaining about the choices of others. What is it that you hate about the way someone else hunts? Why is it such a bother as long it's legal? Or is it that you can't hunt the way you'd like to legally? If you don't like the laws where you hunt, hunt somewhere else.
Calm down, I guess you can call a corn field a food plot but its eighty acres not a 5x5 area. And I made my great, great grandpa plant those oak trees so that one day I could hunt them. I guess I can't see the purpose of hunting over a corn pile or feeder. That isn't hunting in my eyes but maybe it is in yours. So do what you have to do and good luck this year.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
stab, you are completely out of line. if it's legal there than it is legal. I don't hunt over one, because I like to still hunt. the only time I sit is when its warm outside at which point I hunt over a corn field. But what's the difference between that and a feeder? Not much. Keep your comments to yourself if they are ignorant. No one wants in idiot around this forum. If someone is doing something illegal, than by all means have at it. But when we are discussing legal issues if you have nothing to contribute than keep your text to yourself.
-Jake
Thanks for your 2 cents but your telling me to keep my comments to myself and then you post this. Hmmm somebody say Hypocrite.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say the only time it's going to bother the deer is when the bear is at the feeder or too close for comfort.
Old 08-23-2009, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

lmao beezer get em!... ive been hunting over bait for about 2 or 3 years, even tho you bait them there doesnt mean they are always going to be there.. i just love to stick the came out and see what is out there... sure il throw a stand 20 yards away, but like everyone else said wats the difference between a cut cornfield, or a huge field of biologic...Good luck this fall everyone!!
Old 08-24-2009, 03:19 AM
Typical Buck

stabnslab,i agree with you. i don't like feeders either. be a real HUNTER and hunt the game instead of waiting on the diner bell to ring .
Old 08-24-2009, 03:59 AM
Fork Horn

Stabnslab needs to get a life.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:11 AM
Typical Buck

A bear presence will detrimentally impact your deer hunting area. I am from Pa and we have lots of black bears. Everytime I start getting pics of a bear near my feeder the deer activity is reduced by at least half.

As far as feeders... As soon as I shoot what I am after the feeders go right back out whether hunting season or not as long as I am done hunting my private grounds for the 30 days following. I also have food plots and kill plots which I do hunt near in pa. In Ohio I hunt near feeders. And guess what? Ambushing is Ambushing whether you sit over food or sit on a deer run leading to a corn field. No difference other than the person hunting over a feeder invested more money and time into purchasing feed and filling the feeder where the corn field hunter reaps a benefit off someone elses investment.
I don't agree with those who dump feed only during deer season. Once the season is over and the carrying capacity is raised then when they need it most during the winter months they are cut off from the supplemented feed. I feed as part of a management program not just to kill a deer and then quit. In some areas you cannot plant food plots and feeders are the more economical choice, sometimes the only choice for raising the carrying capacity where it is desperately needed.

I heard a guy last year complain about food plots not being ethical. This man is at least 80 pounds overweight and can't walk more than 40 feet without being out of breath. What kind of hunting does he do? Out of his truck window is his preferred method and he and other's like him have the nerve to criticize others. Chances are anyone bi+ching about someone else has done their own screwed up stuff and has no room to talk about anyone else. Alot of s#!+ talking arises from deep rooted jealousy by those who want to do what others do or have what others have and are not willing to do the same work or spend the money in order to have what others have.
Is Hunting over bait any less ethical than driving for deer or bear and shooting at every brown or black thing that runs when the odds are just as good that the animal will be wounded and unrecovered or the bear shot is a 35 pound cub? Not that I am condemning just comparing.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:19 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by stabnslab_WI
And I made my great, great grandpa plant those oak trees
You made your great great grandpa plant those oak trees????? Hmmm.... OK!
How many Oak trees have you planted for your great great grandkids??? Or are you not worried about their hunting future? Or are you just another guy who sits back and reaps a benefit from the hardwork of others?
Old 08-24-2009, 05:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have to agree with most everyone on this one. Stabnslab, you were out of line. Who cares if he uses a feeder. Youre just making yourself sound jealous because we cant use feeders here and it also sounds like you may be in an area where bating is illegal in Wi. So what. What he is doing is 100% legal in his state. If its legal and he wants to do it. Who are we to complain. Sure Im not fond of people who shoot deer over timed feeders, but you know what? I keep it to myself. Im not fond of people who hunt highfences either. I may post my opinion on somethings, but you know what. thats as far as it goes. If people dont like my opinion on a matter, I dont care. I can see eye to the way most people hunt. Just because you CANT hunt that way doesnt mean others cant or shouldnt. I hunt over planted corn fields, clover fields and out of oak trees, over apples, and occasionaly Ill put out some deer corn. Does that make me a bad person. No. Does it make me a lazy hunter, maybe to some people. I dont care. I abide by the 2 gallon per 40 acre per stand law in Wi where baiting is allowed. Call me what you want stab, I dont care. Its how I hunt and Ill continue my way of hunting just as he is...no laws are being broke, and hes out there hunting and not complaining about how others are hunting....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.