Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Wow!! this sure did get me pumped!! >

Wow!! this sure did get me pumped!!

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Wow!! this sure did get me pumped!!

Old 08-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Typical Buck

great looking deer.. Hope ya get him this fall!!
Old 08-24-2009, 03:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow! I can see the IMAGINARY shot going through his lungs!!! Oh-Baby........
Old 08-24-2009, 05:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

better take them mineral blocks away or stabnslab my jump down your throat lol.. great pics, that would deffinatley get me pumped as well. Good luck and hope hes still there for you when the moment of truth arrives.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:51 AM
Spike

nice buck. cant believe he was out during the day time! haha good luck
Old 08-24-2009, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I imagine your going to have some sleepless night between now and season opener.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

lastnight was a sleepless night!! i sat again and he didnt show....in another forum i posted they were sayin how it was bad luck to sit in your stand before opening day bc thats usually when the big bucks show up...then he didnt show the 2nd time so....ahhh
Old 08-24-2009, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

Nice deer...............I questioned why you would sit a stand before the season, not that it's bad luck, but unless a helicopter dropped you in and picked you up you scent contaminated the area by sitting it............hate to tell you this but you might have ruined your chances at that stand.

I don't even like stepping foot in the woods to place trail cameras anymore because it just contaminates the woods everytime I walk in , and no amount of scent control can cover all your scent. I place cameras now only in areas of the property I won't hunt (field edges and such) just so i can see what is using the area, going in the woods this time of year educates the deer before you even get a chance to kill em.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Typical Buck

Holy crap-hes a beauty. Guess that just goes to show that no sign or trails like you said in your other post dont mean crap. Now that you know hes there i dont know if i would keep goin in there tho. One time you get busted it mite just be bye bye for him. Let your trail camera do the work for ya!! good luck with him.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

haha this stand i was in is an old stand and i had my back leanded up against the trunk of the tree...hints there is no room to pull back...like i said before i didnt think i would see a thing and then bam....this wasnt on our land...the buck i had on my camera traveled onto our neighbor...hope he doesnt get him!!