Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

If you had to Choose... WWYC?

Old 08-23-2009, 03:10 PM
Ava
Fork Horn

We went to the range today. Had a great time. Ds and I shot the 35. I hit the bulls eye on the first shot at 100 yards using 200 grain roundnose/remmington. I loved the gun and so does my son so he will be shooting the 35 and I will be shooting the 243.

We will be target shooting again tomorrow.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:15 PM
Typical Buck

Great! Both rifles will do you both right. Just keep practicing with your son now. Shooting practice is the main thing. Seeing a monster buck is meaningless if you cant close the deal. Good luck hunting!
Old 08-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Ava
Fork Horn

Thanks Anthony! We are both very excited as we go into our first year of hunting with my Dad and his Pappy!

Practice! Practice! Practice!

He messed up a bit at first by holding the scope too close to his eye. It hit him but he didn't bleed, thank goodness. He won't do that again though. Dad and I didn't even catch it before he fired. I'm just glad he's okay.

He said, Make sure you get me more ammo so I can shoot tomorrow! I'll be picking it up on my way into work.