Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
BEST P&Y AND B&C state = WISCONSIN >

BEST P&Y AND B&C state = WISCONSIN

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

BEST P&Y AND B&C state = WISCONSIN

Old 08-19-2009, 09:05 AM
Spike

Default BEST P&Y AND B&C state = WISCONSIN

read an article showing the most P&Y and B&C bucks taken and wisconsin runs away with the most by a bit. this includes not only the US but all of north america. and as far as bet county in north america buffalo county takes the number 1 spot. wish i could find link to the article but cant, im sure its out there... but this put the best state debate to an end..
Old 08-19-2009, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

True article....... I have hunted Buffalo County. Theres one major problem with Buffalo County is that nearly ALL of the good hunting area is locked down totally as private - no tresspass. There is a good bit of Chippewa River bottoms that are public hunting and there are some huge deer there. Unfortunately, not nearly as many as all that private land.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

Well I better bring home the good this year then!
Old 08-19-2009, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

personally I don't know why they even look at P&Y entries...I'm not traveling anywhere to shoot a P&Y class deer, bow, rifle, whatever, I want a Booner!

Also would be nice to have all the bucks ever listed, so many hunters could care less about registering a booner etc...

Also one thing to consider I believe WI might be #1 all time, but last 10yrs probably not...and I'd rather go to a hot spot in the last 10yrs vs. all time.

Also comparing counties vs. states, 1 county in a state might be awesome, where the rest of the state isn't so hot, and therefore a state/hot spot can be overlooked, which could be a good thing...

Also # of trophies per county vs. county size can make a difference, some counties out west are huge!

Last edited by salukipv1; 08-19-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Typical Buck

I'd be curious to see the number of entries per 10,000 hunters or the number of entries as it relates to a particular states herd size.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:02 PM
Fork Horn

You dont know what your talking about flatlander.
Wisconsin is and will always be the best. IMHO though.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I moved from Wisconsin to Iowa for hunting purposes. Wisconsin has nice bucks, but I've seen way more in Iowa...and Illinois for that matter. P&Y and B&C are pretty old clubs...so their all time records could be scewed compared to current records. Just ask youself this, why is there a 3 year wait & $400 price tag to hunt Iowa, but in Wisconsin you can buy an over the counter tag for a $160. Don't get me wrong, I love Wisconsin. Spent 25 years there, die hard badger and packer fan, have family there, vacation there....but I think the stactics are a bit screwed to current day records.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

You also need to look at B&C per square mile..... Ill. and Ky are one and two in that case.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Did Canadians register bucks in the early days in the frequency that they did in the states? Could be some old booners in Canada that nobody ever heard about. Plus, what's the density of hunters in the Canadian provinces as compared to the states. There might be more booners in Canada but not enough hunters to get them all.

Then again, maybe that's why there are so many booners.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Spike

Default Link

Hi.

I don't post much but I do read this page everyday. Here is the link to the article:

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...0204/907300485

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.