Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Problem With Neighbor's Chickens >

Problem With Neighbor's Chickens

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Problem With Neighbor's Chickens

Old 08-19-2009, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

You obviously have already talked to him and he doesn't seem to care. I would be eating chicken for awhile.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

Knock em down!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Site Buck Guru

You're probably the only one feeding the chickens. Harvest away!!!
Old 08-19-2009, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

talk if no action is made free chicken for a few months
Old 08-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default chickens

Originally Posted by Lanse couche couche
If those chickens are ranging far enough out in the woods to be around deer feeders, i would assume that the varmints, owls, and hawks will take care of them a lot quicker than animal control could.
Pellet gun is quiet and good practice on chickens.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default chickens

Originally Posted by Lanse couche couche
If those chickens are ranging far enough out in the woods to be around deer feeders, i would assume that the varmints, owls, and hawks will take care of them a lot quicker than animal control could.
pllet gun is quiet.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

imo i would talk to your neighbor and let him know that you are willing to get the law involved if he doesnt take action. if he continues to let his chickens run free then you can decide whats more important... giveing your neighbor a fine, or chicken breasts on the grill.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's very unlikely that this guy has changed from the last time you talked to him about the horse. Once you talk to him about the chickens you have to be prepared for all the legal hassles involved with turning him in. If it were me I'd go the pellet gun route. I see that you're in Florida, the state considers livestock to be the property of the landowner whos property they are on. When those chickens are on your property eating your corn, they belong to you, and you are free to do with them as you please. It's the same law that allows us to hunt hogs year round on private property.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:24 PM
Typical Buck

You could foot the bill for a $4 bag of feed, chickens require special feed for what I'm about to tell you, then pour it in a pile on his property at the edge of where they hand around. Buy the right feed and they'll begin laying eggs. Chickens that roam start laying eggs whereever and before long he'll have a dozen spots filled up with rotten chicken eggs. Or, make good of the situation and collect yourself some fresh eggs. Either way, short of killing them, you aren't going to get rid of them because they hang around. Out of seven we had we still have one that roams the yard thinking it's a cat, it comes when you call it and likes to be carried around a petted.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:46 PM
Typical Buck

Call your local animal control, and ask them what's the deal with free ranging chickens. Get permission, them drop them. Neighbor gets ugly, you've already been in touch with the authorities. Sucks having nieghbors like that, but you have to do what you have to do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.