Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
How many deer have you killed? >

How many deer have you killed?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How many deer have you killed?

Old 08-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've killed 16-20 deer in 9 years. Not sure about the others though. I've never lost one though.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

About fifty whitetails,a dozen or so mule deer,fifteen elk,four moose,three pronghorn,a mountain goat,a bighorn,a cougar,a black bear,a grizzly,and three timber wolves.Two deer were bow kills,the rest rifle kills.One deer that was hit was not recovered.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:27 PM
Typical Buck

13 whitetail bucks
22 mule deer bucks
21 bull elk
3 black bears
2 antelope
1 mountain lion
and a few does mixed in.
i'm kinda envious of stubble's other animals. lol

I have to really sit down and think about each animal to put exact numbers on it but it takes a bit of time.

This is my question to some. How long did it take you to remember a 100 plus deer?

It took a few hours thinking about my little bunch of animals I've taken in 25 years of hunting. And I still may not have the number 100% but i' m sure it's real close.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Including the truck about twenty, Killed three doing about forty
Old 08-23-2009, 06:35 PM
Typical Buck

[QUOTE=stubblejumper;3417042]About fifty whitetails,a dozen or so mule deer,fifteen elk,four moose,three pronghorn,a mountain goat,a bighorn,a cougar,a black bear,a grizzly,and three timber wolves.Two deer were bow kills,the rest rifle kills.One deer that was hit was not recovered.[/QU WoW! I wish my memory was that good! I've only killed whitetail and turkey. We're rather limited on big game in the east. There are black bear put theyre a rare find in Va. I would love to hunt mulies, elk, pronghorn, etc. Hopefully I'll get these opportunites one day, I'm still pretty young. I have maybe 150-200 WT deer though. Majority are landmanagement does though. Have six-8pt and I only shot a couple small bucks when I was younger. If it aint a bruiser or a milker Im not dropping the hammer.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:51 AM
Fork Horn

Unhappy

7 deer in 7 years
one required a followup shot, one was not recovered
5 died within a minute, one within 5 minutes, one unknown
Old 08-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Typical Buck

I n 26 plus years of hunting I have killed over 100 whitetails (including does)
1 pronghorn antelope
2 alligators
around 25 turkeys
In the last 6 years alone I think I have killed about 25 whitetails just with the bow. (CWD zone in Wi. average about 4 per year, mainly mature does with a few pope & young bucks to hang on the wall)
Hoping to take my first black bear in about 3 weeks!