Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Any South Carolinians have any luck? >

Any South Carolinians have any luck?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Any South Carolinians have any luck?

Old 08-15-2009, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up Any South Carolinians have any luck?

I went this morning for opening day. I got into my ground blind about 0500 and only saw a small button buck. I checked my trail camera before I left and saw there was another deer there right before I showed up. Pisture is below. I'm gonna go again this afternoon and then again tomorrow. Had to cut it kind of short this morning because of daughter stuff...

I know most of you won't be home until this evening but when you get a chance report in and let us know how you did...

Up front is the button I saw this morning. I can't really make out how much antler the one in the back has but it's definitely more than ol button...

Old 08-15-2009, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Kentucky season is three weeks away and hearing stories like this just make me more anxious to get out there.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, where ya at low country fellas???
Old 08-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SWThomas
Well, where ya at low country fellas???
I'd love to tell you I got something, but I'm in Horry County in GZ6...don't get to take the stand until the 1st.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:01 AM
Fork Horn

I was born in SC but transplanted to NC. A buddy of mine took a big 7 pointer with his bow on Saturday morning. He hunts on our family's place between Ridgeland and Hardeeville. I'll see if I can get a picture for ya.
Old 08-17-2009, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't hunt my Florence property until September 1st or my Fairfield county property till September 15th. Good luck!
Old 08-17-2009, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Beezer
I'd love to tell you I got something, but I'm in Horry County in GZ6...don't get to take the stand until the 1st.
GZ6 started on Saturday. Horry County is in GZ4.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Typical Buck

I hunt Game Zone 2 so I still have to wait a bit. I have a buddy with some good land down in Bamberg who has promised to let me hunt. I'll let you know if I go down there and get something.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:58 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by SWThomas
GZ6 started on Saturday. Horry County is in GZ4.
See how bad I want to get in the stand?? I'm re-organizing zones to try and pacify my desire to fling and arrow at something.
Old 08-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Beezer
See how bad I want to get in the stand?? I'm re-organizing zones to try and pacify my desire to fling and arrow at something.
HAHA! I know what you mean.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.