Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Off to Bass Pro...

Old 08-06-2009, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Off to Bass Pro...

We are headed to Bass Pro tommorrow for the big sale. If I can walk out of their with out spending to much it will be a victory in it self. Planning on picking up a trail cam, some ammo, ect. Then it will be off to the property for some scouting and of course to set up the new trail cam. Hopefully our food plots the we planted in the spring are doing well. Time is growing short and before we know it the season will be here.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Typical Buck

yeah i bet that place is going to be packed this weekend, ill be there Saturday. Although, Cabelas has some sweet deals in the bargin bin online right now too. The season is upon us.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:11 PM
Spike

I plan on being there when they open the doors tomorrow. We have the smallest BPS there is and they usually only get a few of each sales item. I want to stock up on some necessary items. I might even try that Moultrie D40 trailcam for $69.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:46 PM

yup im also headed down to bass pro on sat morn, my wallets about 2 get skinny!
Old 08-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had rather order on-line most of the things I want from Bass Pro or Cabela's than to go to the stores. I was in the Destin Bass Pro last week and it's just too dang packed with people to enjoy shopping. Plus they didn't have a couple of the things I went for.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

From what I've seen from Bass Pro, they really mark up their prices before putting on the sale. Gander Mountain is pretty much the same. Cabelas is cheaper on just about everything compared to those two and they have a much large selection as well.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BUCKMARK
We are headed to Bass Pro tommorrow for the big sale. If I can walk out of their with out spending to much it will be a victory in it self. Planning on picking up a trail cam, some ammo, ect. Then it will be off to the property for some scouting and of course to set up the new trail cam. Hopefully our food plots the we planted in the spring are doing well. Time is growing short and before we know it the season will be here.
I see you are in NE IL. SO would you be going to Gurnee or Bolingbrook?

I will be at Bolingbrook @ 9am when the doors open to redeem my coupon for the free knife. Boy oh boy do I ever need another knife! LOL

I'll look around a little. Hopefully they'll have a cup of coffee for me but if I leave without spending a dime that's fine. Hunting went fine the last couple years without me wishing I for anything.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by uncle matt
I see you are in NE IL. SO would you be going to Gurnee or Bolingbrook?

I will be at Bolingbrook @ 9am when the doors open to redeem my coupon for the free knife. Boy oh boy do I ever need another knife! LOL

I'll look around a little. Hopefully they'll have a cup of coffee for me but if I leave without spending a dime that's fine. Hunting went fine the last couple years without me wishing I for anything.
We went to the Bolingbrook store. Just a tad closer than Gurnee...Anyway got away from the money pit with out dropping to much change. Picked up the moultrie d40 trail cam and some ammo and a new cobra release. I could have picked up a few things to spice up my bow, but I figured it was not worth it since it shoots just fine...
Old 08-09-2009, 04:32 AM
Fork Horn

Be sure and let us see what you get on cam!
Old 08-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Typical Buck

I went in on Friday for a $10 item, walked out spending $140. I bought another Moultrie Cam for $69, couldn't pass it up or the other 4 things I bought that I didn't plan on. Funny how that happens, just like spending $500 at Cabelas to get the $150 discount.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.