Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

I'm Back!

Old 08-02-2009, 07:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default I'm Back!

Wahoo, i'm back!

ashamed, that i have yet to kill deer, but i'm hoping this years my year. I'm 17, and a senior in highschool, so after this year i may not have anymore time. I did see quite a few last year, but hunting with a shotgun limited me, and my dad didnt trust me with the 7mm last year, but maybe he'll let me shoot it this year

looking forward to reading all the great tips here and hopefully doing some bragging.
we planted soybeans behind the house, and there getting torn up. We took the camera down yesterday and were disapointed to see 4 does and 1 6pt.
But, i'll take the 6 for my first one

-Scott
Old 08-02-2009, 08:07 AM
8mm
Typical Buck

good luck this year bud
Old 08-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

good luck and hang in there...you'll get one
Old 08-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome back and good luck this year.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

You were 16 and he didn't trust you with a rifle? Why? I was shooting rifles by the time I was 10.

Anyway, good luck to you this year. And don't sweat the whole "didn't get a deer" thing. We all have dry spells from time to time, but if you keep going back you'll get one sooner or later.

Mike
Old 08-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

the fact that its a 7mm mag is the problem,
haha

i shoot everything else almost daily
Old 08-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Fork Horn

dont be ashamed about not geeting your first one it took longer for me than icare to admit. after you get the first one they get easier.good luck give it time .
Old 08-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

i sure hope so. but i'm glad that i did see a few last year, and missed one at dusk.

but, i am ready for the season to start, i may sit out the early part of the season though, it is a tad bit hot the first few weeks. haha
Old 08-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

3tail is right...I hunted for 6 or 7 years before killing my first deer...a pretty 5 point with a 13 inch spread...I have it on my living room wall (next to my wife's button buck...her first deer), despite having killed bigger deer since.

I am still working on a turkey (which I have been seriously hunting for about 5 years now...any season now!!!)...

Seriously, enjoy your time hunting...the kills will come in time and with experiece...make sure that you try to "learn" something every time in the woods...Professor Deer is a good teacher if you think about what has happened.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:09 PM
Site Buck Guru

Nothing to be ashamed about. That's why it's called hunting. The more you put into it, the more you get out of it.

Good luck this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.