Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Question about blinds

Old 07-29-2009, 10:04 AM
Spike

From your choices, the natural (brush) blind.

But I make my own. Came upon 6 sheets of scrap plywood for free, used some 1x1s & 4x4s I had laying around for framing. so I only bought some screws (nails suck) and now I have a nice 6x4 box on a 3ft. stand off the ground for the price of a box of screws.

Old 07-29-2009, 10:29 AM
Fork Horn

I have had luck in a tent blind. I modified mine a little. My wife is a craft nut and she makes a lot of wreaths using fake greenery. I have taken some of her scrap materials (a.k.a. anything I could get when she wasn't looking) and put them on my blind. I have it all on there in a way that it will still folds up. When I set it up I just have to adjust the stuff a little and its ready to go. It really works well when you want to change spots in the middle of the season but don't want to disturb the area finding limbs and things to brush up your blind. I took a doe doing this last year during our muzzleloader season.
Old 07-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Depends. I have only one commercail "ground blind". Don't even recall which brand or model.

I'll set it up and then scrounge limbs, brush tops if any are in the area to soften the outline. And many times I just make a blind from whatever I can find and sit tight, usually leaning back on a big tree or a large rock, or against a steep hillside.

The plusses of a commercial portable "ground-blind" in my opinion are fair protection from the elements, excellent concealment even in the bald wide open, and possibly some scent control -- but I suspect not much from what I have expereinced. I always play the wind best I can when using a "ground-blind".
Old 07-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think natural blinds ae best for one reason it is made from stuff deer see on a regular basis thats is my idea
Old 07-29-2009, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

opinion i mean
Old 07-30-2009, 04:08 AM

I like natural blinds. I have had alot of luck with them. Just be careful of the wind.