Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: Hunt Club/Lease Dues
Free land only.
29.41%
Exchange work.
17.65%
$1-$500
30.88%
$501-$1000
26.47%
$1001-$1500
7.35%
Over $1500
4.41%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Hunt Club/Lease Dues Poll

Old 07-28-2009, 02:58 PM
Typical Buck

one farm pays me to hunt deer ,bear and groundhogs, another only lets me hunt on 400 acres , he hunts it but he's 80 mostly from his truck. then i have 14 other small tracks from 10 to 40 acres that i hunt alone also all free. you see i've been a remodeling contractor for 32 yrs ,if you treat people right you don't need to pay .
Old 07-28-2009, 03:01 PM
Typical Buck

oh yeah,rick . i didn't vote
Old 07-29-2009, 03:06 AM
Dominant Buck

I live on and hunt ten acres surrounded by deer, and have no shortage of offers to hunt elsewhere. My home is a short drive from a huge tract of national forest and assorted game rich state land. I have a lifetime hunting license, and can write my own tags. I've never paid to hunt, other than the $5 per day access fee at the natl. forest, and never will.
Old 07-29-2009, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't pay anything. I have friends who invite me to hunt on their 400 acres, and another with 50 acres and over 10,000 acres of public land 20 minutes from my house.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by srwshooter
oh yeah,rick . i didn't vote
That's OK I couldn't expect a busy man like you to waste your time with this, but thanks for putting in your 2cts

Last edited by rick64; 07-29-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:03 PM
Fork Horn

Didn't mean to imply that anyone had to join a club or lease land in order to hunt, there's plenty of public land and some private landowner that will give permission.

I think the wall hangers off public land still top all others and I hunt public land for Grouse after Deer season, but I would prefer to hunt private land for Deer and Turkey.
Old 07-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kevin1
I live on and hunt ten acres surrounded by deer, and have no shortage of offers to hunt elsewhere. My home is a short drive from a huge tract of national forest and assorted game rich state land. I have a lifetime hunting license, and can write my own tags. I've never paid to hunt, other than the $5 per day access fee at the natl. forest, and never will.
You have to pay $5 per day for access to Nat. Forest Land?
In VA we just have to buy a yearly $2 stamp to hunt and fish in the Nat. Forest.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

I am lucky that the concept of deer leases have not caught on in new england. The laws are written so that if the landowner allows you to hunt their land w/o any fee they are totally released from any liability but if they charge a fee they can be held liable for any injuries that occur. We also have a land stamp program so that when you buy a license you have to purchase a $5.00 land stamp and those funds can only be used to purchase land for the purpose of out door recreation, including hunting. Don't get me wrong hunting on state land is no picnic but I am always able to put some venison in the freezer.

Bob
Old 07-29-2009, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

The last time I paid anything to hunt was back in the 70's my employer at the time paid 600 bucks a year for a hunt club membership .They did have thousands of acres but way to many people . Today I just hunt my property and the neighbors no fee required . We have deer ,elk,some bear and a lot of turkeys .
Old 07-30-2009, 03:53 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by rick64
You have to pay $5 per day for access to Nat. Forest Land?
In VA we just have to buy a yearly $2 stamp to hunt and fish in the Nat. Forest.
The fee is to help defray the cost of the civillian vendor who operates the camping concession at these properties. The Dept. of Agricuture's Division of Forestry manages the forestry as a whole, but funding apparently doesn't cover the concessionaire. The season pass is $25, and worth every nickel if you love to hunt, fish, and camp. The facilities are outstanding, much better than our poorly funded state parks, and a terrific bargain at such a cheap price.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.