Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

which would you rather?

Old 07-27-2009, 09:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default which would you rather?

If u can afford to hunt big high priced/high fenced ranches then this question doesn't pertain to you.

Would you rather watch a hunting show that hunt these big ranches and kill these huge deer that are basicly livestock, or watch guys that hunt low or no fenced small acreage/ public land and take average sized deer?just curious
Old 07-27-2009, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is this kind of like would you like to watch edited footage or a real hunt footage . Humm
Old 07-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

Without question I would rather watch the real hunt. When I watch these videos I try to get somthing out of them. Granted most of them repeat themselves and insert shameless plugs for their sponsors, still sometimes you can learn something from them.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:48 AM
Fork Horn

Not unedited/uncut but based on the average hunter,one that makes more relation to the viewer and his/her income
Old 07-27-2009, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

I would much rather watch a real hunt instead of the canned hunts that seem to be the norm for most hunting shows.
Passing on a 150 class buck because a half dozen 170+ class bucks are also at a feeder has nothing to do with the way 99% of people hunt. It's kind of like watching a man talk to himself as he decides what color Ferrari to buy. BORING

I would much rather watch someone shoot(or even miss) a smaller deer under fair chase conditions than watch high fenced, corn raised monsters be culled from the livestock herd.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd rather watch the guy on public land shoot average deer. It actually takes skill to kill those deer, unlike hunting over a feeder and waiting for them to come in.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:14 AM
Spike

Ditto the above responses. Fair chase, realistic hunts are what interest me.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Spike

to answer that question i just prefer to watch my buddies home made videos along with some of my other friends vids. but i truely would watch the videos the pertain to my style of hunting( the small areas with no fence )
Old 07-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

big bucks on public/private non-high-fenced land.

personally not much is more impressive than DIY public land, though I'm not against outfitters and private land, but high fenced operations bother me.

I don't need to see killing of small deer just to make a show, though I'm not sure if they'd ever get on tv if all they were doing was "hunting" and passing smaller deer. I know some of these guys take smaller deer just to get a kill per episode which sometimes I'm screaming he's gonna shoot that? to each their own, personally I hold out for bigger and often times that means being skunked or simplying hunting more days and getting frustrated but that's my call so to each their own. Some of these clowns claim to be "meat hunters" though, I'd really like to see them taking does, I know some states are buck only, but to me a nice doe for meat is a bigger trophy than a immature or button buck. That's just me though, what can I say, I'm awesome! haha.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

If the video taped for television hunts didn't produce big bucks, etc , then they would not be in business very long. Sponsors wouldn't pay for the air time and the majority of the viewers wouldn't watch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.