Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

following a blood trail.

Old 07-24-2009, 08:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default following a blood trail.

I was wondering what everyone carries with them in case they have to blood trail a animal. For years I have always carried a extra batteries, trail marking tape and a topo map. There are times that the trail becomes very lite to see or worst we run into those red spotted leaves. Sometimes it is hard to find the trail of blood so we look for other signs like tracks, broken sticks and so forth. These past 3 months me and a friend have been working on a spray that activites by coming in contact with the proteins found in blood. We call the stuff Blood Tracker Spray and one applied on blood it turns a orange foam. We have tested it for the past two months outside on grass, sticks, rocks and so on everytime it has worked. We have applied for a patent I was wondering if anyone would be interested in it. I think we can sell 16 oz for $ 8.00 to $ 10.00. Please give me some feed back.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:35 PM
Spike

well i just usually pack me some peroxide or buy the blood tracker black light it usually picks it up even in a soft rain.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

If I have to track in the dark I use a mag light. If I dont see the blood Im looking for pretty quick and it isnt raining I back out and do it in the am.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

I carry a roll of toilet paper or a few paper towels and when the trail gets hard to see I tear off a piece of paper and drop it on the blood. If you get ahead often you can look back and pick up the white paper and it will help get the right direction the deer is going. As to the spray, it would take a spray tank of the stuff to find blood you can't see. I don't think it would be feasible.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:59 AM
Dominant Buck

I do the same as doe dumper.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Spike

when you spray peroxide on the ground the blood will bubble up even if it is very little droplets makes it easier to see.
Old 07-27-2009, 02:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

you can also add blue food coloring to the peroxide. this way when it foams up, it'll be blue and easy to see.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use toilet paper to mark the blood trail and a good mag light at night. I haven't followed a long, spotty blood trail in a couple years. If it gets that bad i usually run back to my dogpens and pick up my cold-nosed trail dogs.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I carry a Dachshund named Mojo. He learned from my old weenie dog Tex. Our moto - :If it is down, it is found!". Truthfully they do a wonderful job of blood trailing.

I also use a HD, commercial grade, high lumen, long running ,spot light like the one's utility lineman and firemen use. This quality of spot will penetrate super and lasts for many hours on one charge. I will also use toilet paper to mark blood spots as I go.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mark the blood with TP, use my coleman lantern at night, and peroxide for those spots that you're not sure about. Blood makes it foam.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.