HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Whitetail Deer Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting-4/)
-   -   Deer movement (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/whitetail-deer-hunting/298597-deer-movement.html)

TRACKER 07-22-2009 07:27 PM

Deer movement

So hows the deer movement in your area ?
I,ve been getting a few pics .,Seams like most movement is late at night ..
Also no fawns been by for a family photo yet ...:rolleye0011:

wis_bow_huntr 07-23-2009 03:51 AM

Havent gotten the cam out yet, not sure if It pays. Ive been seeing enough nice bucks around my property the pickings are pretty easy. Looks like we have a higher buck to doe ratio this year. For the last 3 years we were lucky to see a buck. Maybe all the Earn A Buck and Antlerless hunts paid off better than we thought. Its still going to take a minimum of 5-8 years to get the herd in our area back to the way it was. But so far this year im very happy with the sightings.

bdosas 07-23-2009 05:45 AM

There wasn't much movement til last weekend. WE had a cold front come through that took the high temps from around 90 down to about 75. We were setting records for low temps in the area. That really got the deer moving. I had about twice as many pictures as I had been getting.

srwshooter 07-23-2009 06:47 AM

I don't see the need for cameras ,but i'm seeing lots of deer movement in the middle of the day. i saw 9 bucks and 2 does and 2 fawns yesterday ,all from 10am-2pm in the day.

fishinty 07-23-2009 07:00 AM

Cameras are one of the best scouting tools ever made . If you used them you would know . Especially if you are like me ,and hunt on a club that is an hour and thirty minutes away . I am waiting till a work day to put my cameras out .

bryant1 07-23-2009 07:22 AM

I've seen a spike buck yesterday morning and 2 does this morning by the highway. I am also getting alot of pics on my camera, I'm just not seeing the numbers of bucks that I've seen in years past.

popeye2 07-23-2009 08:08 AM

I'm seeing a few does and fawns plus a couple of small bucks around the house but nothing to get excited about.
On my drive home from work in the evening, I'm seeing lots of deer both beside the road and in fields.

gunther89 07-23-2009 08:14 AM

Most of the pics in 1 spot have been in the morning including 3 shooters and then in another spot they are mostly at dusk and into the night. Otherwise we have been seeing alot of deer in our bean field.

Hunting Kuk 07-23-2009 10:50 AM

Lotta does not as many fawns not to many bucks.
I went walken yesterday and saw 17 does and 7 fawn's and 3 bucks all spikes.two days before I saw 35 does and 3 8 points one wide other two ok wide and not to bad tall
last week I saw 2 NICE!!!!8 points tall and wide with a smaller but still a shooter 8 and a small 6 point.
Not to bad I normally dont see em out in the day time yet :)

Mojotex 07-23-2009 12:12 PM

Several of my recent trail cam shots of groups of deer have been right at dark. Most around 23:30 to 03:00. Bucks' antlers are progressing well, with all still well into velvet. No fawns yet. Lots of pregnant looking does ! I do have a few shots of does and decent bucks, mid-day moving in the hollows. As far as quantity of movement, about what I have captured on camera these past 3 years.